• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 not opening any psd or jpeg files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Photoshop CC 2107, I am unable to open any files in photoshop. I've tried a number of ways to try to open the file (bridge, file->open, open with, etc.) and nothing seems to work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop, restarted my computer, ran other updates and nothing has seemed to fix the issue. I'm on a PC running Windows 7 professional. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm right in the middle of a large project!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

now my problem has been solved

when i installed my creative cloud package in my MacBook pro and the system is 10.10.5

the photoshop has a problem and does not open any image.

then i have updated my MacBook to macOs Sierra version 10.12

everything is okay and also i found cc2018 version which was not appeared with my old mac version.

so update the system is the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

does anyone know how to best contact customer support? I can't find a phone number nor a way to chat/email?

I do experience the same problem, can't open a file nor creating a new one.

thanks

Helge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my problem solved by updating the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything to fix this problem. I watched Youtube videos and went on different forums but nothing worked. I heard somewhere that disabling creative cloud in the startup menu of the task manager would do it. I did that and now Photoshop has been working with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a also problem..

I intalli ohotoPhot CC 2018 in my new pc. But the problem is when I open a photo.the photo will be open but Photoshop closed after 5-10 seconds open a photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can find under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jannlawrence.1​ has suggested downloading one of his files.

Please heed this warning: NEVER DOWNLOAD FILES FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE!

If you want to solve the problem, follow this official Adobe guide: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be because your Photoshop trial is expired.

Try downloading this and replace the amtlib.dll. Before doing this make sure Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 or any Adobe applications should be closed for safety purposes.

My Files

Go to where you saved Photoshop's main files are, the default folder location if you're a Windows user is on This PC > Program Files for 64 bit devices and Program Files x86 for 32 bit devices > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2017. Copy the file and click "Replace the file in the destination" and wait for it to finish moving the file in the folder. And launch Photoshop, hopefully it will fix your problem because this totally fixed mine. Tell me if the file is closed out and I will re-upload it.

[Moderator note: please do not follow this advice, it can harm your system]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines