• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 not opening recent documents!

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So recently I updated to the latest version Photoshop CC 2017 from 2015.5 and I've noticed that every time I try to open a recent document, it doesn't load at all. Even with smaller file sizes, it doesn't load. I don't even see the loading icon! Making text is another problem, although I can make text, I have to click on the move tool to actually view the text, when resizing the text I have to do the same. Nearly forgot to mention this too, the loading time is incredibly long! Took a good 4 minutes to load up the application whereas before the update, it took no more than 5 seconds. It's a pain and for some reason, I can't use the previous version of Photoshop as it doesn't open up!

So, anyone else experiencing issues with the latest version of Photoshop?

P.S I'm on Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Please try this resetting the preferences of photoshop.

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try clearing the recent list once and then try working on photoshop.

Please let us know about the outcome.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did what you suggested, and.. I got the same outcome. NOTHING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try this resetting the preferences of photoshop.

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same outcome It's incredibly slow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me ; )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the application preferences. For example, do the following to open Photoshop preferences:

(Windows) Choose Edit > Preferences > General.

(Mac OS) Choose Photoshop > Preferences > General.

Deselect Show "Start" Workspace When No Documents Are Open.

The Recent Files workspace provides quick access to the files you have recently worked on.

The Recent Files workspace is hidden by default. However, you can enable the workspace from preferences

Once enabled, you will see the Recent Files workspace when you do one of the following:

Choose File > Open to open a document.

Open a document using the shortcut Ctrl+O (Windows) / Cmd+O (Mac OS).

The Recent Files workspace provides quick access to the files you have recently worked on.

The Recent Files workspace is hidden by default. However, you can enable the workspace from preferences.

Once enabled, you will see the Recent Files workspace when you do one of the following:

Choose File > Open to open a document.

Open a document using the shortcut Ctrl+O (Windows) / Cmd+O (Mac OS).

(Link removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines