• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018- How to turn off the recentering in full screen mode ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
When I work in full-screen mode (F), I want to move my workspace with the hand (space). Since the update is impossible to move easily. The workspace is recenter automatically.

For example if I want to work details, I zoom to 200% and use the full screen mode. I want to move the window to the left for work on the right side of my drawing, but photoshop automatically re-centers the workspace. And I can't see my work anymore. This new default setting is very painful.

How to turn off the recentering of the workspace in full screen mode ?

Thank you

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Re: Photoshop CC 2018- How to turn off the recentering in full screen mode ?

Adobe just released an update (19.1.0) and the issue has been resolved. Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only happens if an edge of the image is visible, and then it'll always try to recentre the image on screen.

If you're zoomed in enough not to be able to see the edge of the image, it's ok.

Infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no problems, I've had it allover the place zoomed in and out, half off the screen and 90% off,  clicking layers and using tools and it stays where I put it. Apart from overscroll (and performance) the only other things I've changed is to legacy documents, turned off interface borders, eye dropper to precise and have a custom workspace. Not sure why it doesn't happen to me.

Must be like Smilex products in burton's Batman where certain combinations are bad or something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting....  It happens in the "Full Screen Mode With Menu Bar" option (grey background and palettes visible) but doesn't happen in "Full Screen Mode" (the one with the black background and palettes hidden by default).

Meh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21. Re: Photoshop CC 2018- How to turn off the recentering in full screen mode ?

HothWampaLevel 1

This doesn't happen for me. I can drag my image anywhere and click layers as often as I want and it doesn't re-centre.

Edit - Preferences - Tools - Overscroll (checkbox).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOUUUU! This worked for me. I was losing my marbles! Just updated yesterday and within an hour I had a headache.

VERY grateful for this simple fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved me from going nuts .Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too! Adobe please fix this. It's so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening here too - God knows what Adobe were thinking! Its as if they don't use the software - just wright it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wake up! Do you treat your customer seriously? We have a studio full of people here, being affected by that bug. It's beyond irritating that nothing has been done since October. At this moment looks like the only option is to revert to the 2017 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like too add my frustration and disappointment at the auto-centering with the latest photoshop update - really messing up my workflow. A fix sooner rather than later would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for the frustration over this issue (image repositioning/centering when zooming/saving/etc), we're tracking this issue here: Photoshop CC 2018: Zoom always points to center | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Feel free to add your vote and voice to the thread there so you can be notified of when a fix is released.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to PS 19.0.1 this morning. This is the third update since this problem began, and I am disappointed (again) to claim that the problem persists. I would downgrade to 2017 in a heartbeat if the IT here allowed it.

PLEASE FIX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to fix please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now January 2018 and I can no longer zoom in on a section of my file without being recentered.  This is incredibly disruptive to my work flow.  What's up with the fix?

I'm really hoping this was an accident and not intentional UX design...or i'm even more worried about your UX team being so destructive to the consumer's experience.

PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21. Re: Photoshop CC 2018- How to turn off the recentering in full screen mode ?

HothWampaLevel 1

This doesn't happen for me. I can drag my image anywhere and click layers as often as I want and it doesn't re-centre.

Edit - Preferences - Tools - Overscroll (checkbox).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious: if you uncheck Overscroll, does the problem as described here occur to you as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah. makes no difference...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so how is this checkbox then related to the issue? Having it either checked or unchecked makes no difference (you don't have this problem).

In my case: I do have this problem, whether I check or uncheck Overscroll. So this checkbox does not seem to be part of the problem or solution.

Im am having the issue on a Mac by the way... Don't know if this is isolated to MacOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new mac, and was having this issue. And PS kept moving my image down and to the lower right when the full image was visible. When I did the "Preferences>tools>check the Overscroll check box" it fixed it completely. I can now click drag image anywhere and when I zoom in image stays where I'm working. Maybe I'm not understanding the issue correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. This is simply baffling to me. I have been using photoshop since before photoshop had layers (before PS v3). I noticed this a few updates ago and thought it would resolve itself but still hasn't and seeing this post just makes me more upset. Because it goes so far back, before the latest release. There has been a lot of screw ups from adobe but this should've been an easy hiccup for adobe to fix instead of turning it into such a big deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I just spoke with a customer service rep and was told this issue is fixed in 19.1 which should be released "very soon."

Could just be blowing smoke, but hopefully the end to this irritating glitch is coming. It's maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Please fix asap, Adobe! This is utterly frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having update today from 2017 and this is very annoying thing. Please do some with it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highly annoying. Make it stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines