• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 not starting

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Photoshop CC 2018 a few days ago, worked fine no problems. Tried to open it today and it does not start, no logo at startup, no messages, just nothing. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled from the CC app (I'm using Windows 8.1) still no joy. I have also uninstalled all the Adobe applications on this computer, manually removed the ProgramData Adobe folder along with the Adobe folder under user profile appdata-local & roaming, also under Program Files/Common Files, plus the Adobe registry tree under HKLM and HKCU/Software. Reinstalled all the applications from scratch and it still doesn't work.

I also tried to install the previous version just in case there was an issue with the latest release with no luck.

The CrashLog folder is empty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete your Photoshop saved User Data.  So Photoshop well treat your user ID like a new user and build your Photoshop user data from scratch.    Photoshop USER date is not reset or rebuilt when you un-install and reinstall Photoshop old corrupt data will survive.

Also Photoshop UI scaling Issues were also fixed in Windows 10 Creators and Photoshop CC 2018 version 19.1.  If you have a High DPI resolution display you will have UI scaling issues with Photoshop on Windows 8.

Delete the hidden folder: "C:\Users\Your User ID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018"

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

As in my first post, I have uninstalled and removed all local files that I can find relating to Adobe including the obvious Adobe registry entries under hklm and hkcu. This has not resolved the issue. If the software did some kind of logging then it might help narrow down the reason, but there is nothing in the Windows event logs or the Photoshop crashlog  folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many folders and files are hidden by default by Windows like your user id Application data like I poster.  You need to change you system View options so you can find and delete them.  Did you find and delete your user ID Photoshop CC 2018 AppData folder?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you try to use this tool?

Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies.

None of this has proved helpful. I am aware of hidden and system files, I am a network engineer by trade.

After trying the CC cleaner application which did not resolve this issue, I removed all Adobe software form this computer. I then manually went through all the directories I could find with reference to Adobe software, deleted all folder/files. I did a search of the registry for all keys and values with adobe reference and manually removed them all, this took some time. Uninstalled all antivirus software just in case, rebooted and reinstalled just the latest Photoshop. The result was the same, no logo poppup, no new window, just does not run. The event logs show no errors and the Adobe Photoshop CrashLog folder is empty of any files.

I resolved to finally bite the bullet and upgrade this machine to Windows 10. On completion of the upgrade I made sure all drivers were up to date and no unnecessary software was auto running. Reinstalled Photoshop and still does not work.

As there are no logs or errors, I'm really not sure what else to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same issue. i dont know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the exact problem you are having please provide pertinent information.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
  • Crash reports
  • Do you see Photoshop trying to start like does the Photoshop version splash image display?
  • are all system updates installed and device driver up to date.
  • did yoe inatall ant add ons for Photoshop.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines