• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 uninstalled and now I'm in trouble

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the creative cloud service successfully for a while, mostly using photoshop for my photography business, along with lightroom, and some others. Recently I started getting the message in photoshop about not being able to read pretty much any file I was trying to open. I tested with files that were known to be good in other programs, but was not able to open anything in PS CC2018. 

I'm using that because I'm not able to upgrade due to the age of my mac desktop (2008). I can't upgrade the El Capitan system for this mac and that means I can't move to CC 2019. 

The problem is that I thought that reinstalling CC2018 might solve the issue, and so I went for the uninstall option in creative cloud. But now there is no option to reinstall that program in creative cloud and I'm unable to use photoshop on this computer, in the midst of a rather large volume of work needing to be done. I can get by with lightroom but I need some of the retouching capabilities I had with photoshop

My question: is there a way of getting photoshop CC2018 reinstalled in a computer using El Capitan 10.11.6?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with you on all points, spent "chat" time with Adobe, they remote connected to my laptop and advised to re-install Camera Raw.  That resolved the workflow I was up against yesterday.  If you look in the Adobe Account, it shows PS21 and Bridge "not compatiable" .  To resolve that it stated OS 13 was needed.  I am OS 10.12.6.  So, today's ChAT with Adobe , killing another 30mins , resulted in being advised to de-license everything and start over with new cloud account.  WTF.  The reason of paying subscription is to have up to date software for fees monthly.  NOT to be told to BUY the software and "still have the cloud".  Does no one see this type of bait and switch?  My OS is adequate and current, 8g ram, all the requirements needed for PS21.  Apple hasn't even rolled out the Catalina OS and Adobe is saying you need that for PS21.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your sympathy, Phillip. So there is a way if you cancel your subscription and start all over, maybe. Unfortunately, for me this is hardly the first time I've been compelled to fork over big sums of money just to stay in operation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Don't get caught out by the numbering. CC2018 is v19.1.9 and is still available from the desktop app. 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Monday only 21.0 and 20.0.6 is available in the older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not here:

2019-11-07_16-53-20.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated your CC app as of Monday?

I'm curious if that link will even work or error out on you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated everything on Monday. The link to CC2017 vanished. Cc2018 19.1.9 works:

2019-11-07_20-45-04.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

I only see 2 versions available

2019-11-07 16_51_35-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

2019-11-07 16_54_15-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU. That place, the prodesigntools site, had the 2018 version I needed. Downloaded it and it started right up with all my presets still in place. Still experience the jpg file recognition problem however.

Then, after doing some reading, I saw references to upgrading the camera raw program (which I never use) as possibly being the culprit for some people. In those cases they ended up going back to earlier versions of camera raw.  For the heck of it, I tried upgrading my camera raw program, and now photoshop CC2018 is recognizing files like it should. 

THIS SHOULD BE IN CAPS: IF YOUR PHOTOSHOP APP IS NOT RECOGNIZING JPG FILES, YOU MAY NEED TO UPGRADE THE CAMERA  RAW PROGRAM, as non-intuitive as that might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines