• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 crashes upon launching

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to open photoshop today and it won't load past the splash screen. Was working fine yesterday but suddenly today decided to stop working. The splash screen will freeze and I have to manually kill the application from task manager in order to get it to go away.

Untitled.png

Searched all the forums and tried every solution including:
- Installing latest GPU drivers
- Uninstalling and reinstalling from Adobe CC
- Uninstalling and reinstalling from CC Cleaner Tool
- Rolling back PS updates through Adobe CC

All other apps work fine, lightroom boots and works as it should. Please help me solve this as I really need to get it to work soon.
Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try deleting the Photoshop preferences file from this location

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the suggestion by Ged doesn't work try try resetting your preferences which you can find under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

If you can't open Photoshop to do that try resetting them this way:

Close Photoshop, then hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and relaunch Photoshop. Respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop crashing, let us help make this right.

As you've already tried some troubleshooting steps at your end, could you please share Photoshop's Help > System Info dialog text here?

Please try the steps suggested above, if resetting preferences does not help, then try disabling UAC. Please check this article to know more: Comment activer ou désactiver le contrôle de compte d'utilisateur dans Windows 10 - Articulate Suppo...

You may also try creating a new user account on the operating system and check if Photoshop crashes on that account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-ac...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replies Sahil, Derek and Ged. What I found worked for me was uninstalling Adobe Creative Cloud from the Cleaner tool, restarting my computer and reinstalling Photoshop from the standalone launcher on Adobe (that includes installing Adobe CC).

I have no clue how that managed to solve the problem but PS has decided to work for me again. Thank you guys for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines