• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 has deleted my psb file.

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very angry, Photoshop CC 2019 has deleted my psb file. I've been working many days in one project for a client and today, I decided not to save the file (.psb) because I did not want the new changes. When I did click on "not save" the file did not exist anymore in my computer. The .psb disappeared by magic. I've lost many days of work and I would like to know why Photoshop CC 2019 or Adobe did it.

Does anyone know something about it? Is there any solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you looked to see if it is still available in the dropdown menu for "Open Recent"? Have you looked in the trash to see if the file was actually moved there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing in the trash and I tried to "Open Recent" and the file is not there like if it never been there. I don't understand anything.

I found this spanish article but I still would like to know why.

Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 puede borrarte un archivo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did not run a backup, Download ShadowExplorer  may check your drive for stored or shadow copies.

The download and instructions are in the link.

If you have MacOS, we can see what options you have there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is apparently an issue with files disappearing when saved to Mac OS desktop. Not Photoshop's doing - apparently something with iCloud or Time Machine or something.

Google it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a similar problem. Apparently when saving the PSB it doesn't always save it automatically in the same location as the PSD. When photoshop asks to save your PSD as a PSB make sure the filelocation is the same. In windows you can do a fileseach typing "*.PSB" and it will list all the PSB's on your drive. That's how we recovered our file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me.  I moved the PSD file and now the linked PSB has vanished.  Not in the temp folder or anywhere to be found.  Brutal loss.  Days and days of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing happened to me.  I moved the PSD file and now the linked PSB has vanished.  Not in the temp folder or anywhere to be found.  Brutal loss.  Days and days of work.

By @Jarod5FCB

That is not the same as the OPs description. 

How did you move the PSD file? And what was the linked PSB?

Days and days of work, without a backup? That's not good practice.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines