• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 is so laggy!!!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2019 is so laggy that it is driving me nuts. I never even knew Photoshop could lag until after the upgrade. I'm in the middle of a major project with a tight deadline and am ready to throw Photoshop out of the window its so bad. I am doing intricate work with 22,000px+ x 3000px+ high resolution TIFs stitched panoramas for a commercial customer and they need a lot of intricate clone stamp work. This is with a only a single layer.

Photoshop CC 2019 lags after selecting the source area, lags after placing the stamp where I need it to be, and lags some more as I am cloning the source area. I'm literally going to lose hours of work if this keeps up. This is on a Dell PowerEdge 7910 Rack workstation with 144GB of memory dual 6 core XEON processors, NVME OS drive, and 4 disk NVME media RAID array.

The CPU is sleeping around 2%, memory is only 9GB used, and disk IO is literally 0%. This is the first Photoshop upgrade that I truly regret, how can Adobe release software with these kinds of problems? I've never downgraded a version before and not sure if that will introduce other problems and do not have time to find out. So #@%*%& frustrating!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues as well. Scaling a placed vector smart object is so painful I can almost go to lunch and come back before it finishes. Now granted this is on a 10' vertical banner at 300dpi - but I never had so much trouble with CC2018. I have reverted back to it due to this and numerous other changes, like scaling, dragging guides and zooming shortcut changes that make no sense at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's essentially unusable. I can't even switch tools or select an item without it lagging. My workflow now includes very slowly undoing what I accidentally just did because I'm apparently three steps ahead with my movements and clicks. I wasn't having the slightest issue before the upgrade to 2019.

My question: How do I downgrade back to 2018?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce949  wrote

My question: How do I downgrade back to 2018?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I just feel silly. Thanks for pointing out what I should've already looked for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines