• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2020 unable to save

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now installed, uninstalled and re-installed PS CC 2020 - I am unable to save anything. "save" and "save as" do nothing. No dialog box, just a screen blip and then nothing. Am I missing something? I had to reinstall CC 2019

because of this. any help?? thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Boy

I am nutts!!!! I have spent the last 12 hours editing photos SAVING after each step. Came up a couple of time that image could not be saved and to save as which would not then replace a file TOTALLY STUCK. Only option was to close the file and loose out on the last bit of work. WORSE to come. I find that all the files i have been working on did not actually save when i went back into Light room. ZIP NADA. When i reopened the file i found that the first step i did yesterday came up. NOTHING saved from the 12+ hous today!

Reading this post and a couple of other has made me even more mad. What the heck are ADOBE up to??? Never Never have i had such an issue.

I am a professional like many i read in these posts and Photoshop is just a dead waste to me as it is to them. One thing for sure it going to make me seriously look at other alternatives. This is costing me money and client reptation. ADOBE there are other solutions out there. I came to you from Apeture but have been using Adobe photoshop in its forms since the early 90's NEVER have i come across such a problem. This is potentially a game changing issue as i pay for this whole thing monthly and its a dead duck righ now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolve this problem (version Photohsop 21.0.2) on Windows 10 64-bit. 

I have copy whole folder C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020 from my second computer when Photohsop CC 2020 was working good. And Save and Save as is woking well.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I understand you correctly, you have replaced a later version of Photoshop (v. 21.0.2) with an earlier version that was working correctly? I have also done that, but that leaves me with out the latest "improvements" & also no way of knowing when Adobe fixes the issues with 21.0.2 without simply installing newer versions & hoping for the best. That is a trial & error approach. Not very scientific for a high tech company like Adobe. It would be nice if they actually notified us when this specific issue is fixed. Since I am continuously paying for Photoshop I think I deserve to know when the problems they created are fixed. 
Wart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 PC. Both of them has Photoshop 21.0.2. One was working good, and 2nd was prbolem with "save" and "save as". I have copy files from the good working PC to the second one. That's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar issue, though i would get an error saying the file was not found. I figured it out for Windows 10 so i thought id share anyways case this works for whatever is going on for your system. You have to turn off or allow Photoshop through the "Controlled Folder Access" setting under Windows Defender. Turns out Windows is blocking access to adobe. Simply go to Windows Defender and open the Virus and Threat detection tab. Select "Manage Ransomware protection" at the bottom, then either allow a program through Controlled folder access or just turn the setting off. Be sure to restart your program just as a precaution before testing to see if it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. My bigger files with many layers get hung up upon saving or take FOREVER. Slow load/open time and lag now when using tools. UGGG Only thing I’ve done is update software so it’s definitely this version issue!! What was I thinkng updating this early!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on a Mac with Photoshop and Illustrator 2020. The popup window does not display, but if I éxpose the windows it will suddenly show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having exactly the same problem, windows 10 pro!!! this is ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... After speaking with an Adobe technician, the accessed my computer remotely and solved the problems!!!

Great service, very pleased

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the fix?  Do we all have to get in touch with Adobe and have them root around in our computers? Or, is there any steps that were taken that you can share with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to contact them ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the new version and the same problem, however, I just reinstalled the version V21.0.3, and start working again. Open Photoshop from your computer. Do not use Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App because it will update Photoshop, and you will fall into the same problem again.

Elias_Pleitez_0-1586539038834.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no one has a fix for Windows 10?

And no the update isn't working.

For me even installing an early 2020. 

Isn't working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First issue I've had with this. Working off my external HDD on W10/64bt. I just saved it to a different drive (desktop in this case). May work saving to an external/flash if you're working from your Master HDD? Odd, but worked for me (insert 'Elmo shrugs' gif.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue today after new update.... running osx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

export your project in any format atleast once. then try to save. This worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agosto de 2020 y el problema sigue. Nada más abrir el programa ya se queda en negro, no existe página de inicio, y "guardar" y "guardar como" no funcionan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERE'S ONE SOLUTION: Uninstall the version you have, go to your Adobe Creative Cloud, click the little icon menu beside Photoshop, select "version" from the dropdown, and install Photoshop 21.0.2. /// This was the last working version, so all of the dialog boxes should open up correctly.... Oh and also 2 things 1: make sure you have Myriad Pro and Tahoma fonts installed on your computer (as Photoshop uses both fonts in its dialog boxes by default) and 2: this fix worked on my PC (I can only assume it works on other operating systems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the previous working version worked for me. I then upgraded and it is still working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

now uninstall nd reinstall i just did it and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines