• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2022 Select and Mask feature some view modes not working (macOS)

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Photoshop CC 2022 for photography. I am using Select and Mask from the menu bar at top of the screen and want to view my selection in the various view modes like onion skin, marching ants, and overlay but these features are not showing on my image. I do adjust the transparency slider but I do not get the onion skin (white and gray squares) or marching ants but the red overlay does show. I am pretty new to PS but making great strides. Is there a setting somewhere I need to turn on that I am not finding? Something I should set in preferences?

The image is of a single pink flower with a blurred garden background. Transparency is set to 50%, radius 20 px, smooth 12, feather 1.5 px, contrast 35%, shift edge -25% and preset is set to Default. I did not select these numbers they just came up. If I change settings to all zero's nothing changes.

{Title edited by Moderator}

Thanks for the help,

LuAnn

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LuAnn,

We're sorry that the select and mask view modes are not working in Photoshop 2022. 

What is the exact version of Photoshop 2022 that you are using? (Help> System Info)? Since when is this happening? Did you try any troubleshooting on your end? What is your macOS version? Can you tell us which all modes are working?

Please check this article to learn about the masking modes and how we can use them: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/select-mask.html.

You may try to reset Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps. Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/3ceal5t. Also, back up the existing Photoshop preferences if you have any custom brushes, action, and workspace: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ranjisha,

Thanks for replying. Mac OS Monterey 14.4, PS cc 2022 23.4.1.  I am taking a photo class and my version of PS has been updated a day or two ago to the current version. I use PS for layers and basic photo editing. My class is teaching me to do more masking. I checked preferences but there is nothing that I change I use the basic setup. I have attached a screen print that shows a photo with onion skin selected but it does not change background to onion with white and gray squares on image. When I click ok to go back to PS, it adds a black mask with white cutout of flower. The article doesn't tell me how to fix this. Why did I get a black mask? There has to be a setting I am not aware of. I appreciate the help.

LT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines