• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop CC edit image

Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went from CS5 to CC so I could view my Z7 files, and now I have one open and can do nothing.  I used to press a key combination to start with shadow highlights, but that doesn't work now, and when I look at the image menu, adjusts and everything but analysis is grayed out, so I can do nothing.  What is need to do anything at all?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

OK.  I see I had to check the open and save in the batch dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, trying to figure out what you are asking here. Are you trying to open the file in Camera Raw? CS5 has been a while ago now, so not completely remembering how it worked back then. If you are working on a jpeg or something in photoshop its self, your keys will most likely not work as well since a lot of the key mapping has changed since the days of CS5. You may have to look into the drop down menus to find what you are looking for. Also, You can look at the current key maps for your shortcuts to see what you are looking for as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typing error.  It was from CS6.  I saved the unmodified RAW file as a tiff and then didn't see it in the folder.  I checked to see if saving sent it somewhere else but it didn't.  I see that the tiff was shown with recent files and reopened and modified the tiff slightly, as now the adjustments and other choices were not grayed out.  I need to refresh the Bridge page, which was filtered to get it to appear again.  I s it necessary to save RAW files as tiffs before menus will be available?

Also, from Bridge, I tried to run my logo watermark macro on this Plover image and I saw it save a moth picture with the macro instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For one, you should just open the RAW file directly with the new version of photoshop and eliminate the TIFF process. You are losing some of the editing ability when yo duo that. Just open the raw image in the Photoshop CC version, into the new version of camera raw and it will process out perfectly and open from camera raw into photoshop proper. The tiff is only helpful to save a final processed image as. This will definitely help you with the greyed out dropdown menus. Also, there seems to be a glitch when you go from Lightroom or some older versions of photoshop into the newer version of photoshop as it pertains to the drop downs being greyed out. So opening directly into the new version of photoshop should help with the issues all the way around.

As to the macro for your watermark in Bridge, did you write that macro with an older version of bridge and now try to run it in the new version? If so, that may be your problem there as well. Not sure how you wrote it or anything so not sure. But it sounds like its grabbing an older image written into the macro instead of the new image. So it could be a version change issue or just a glitch in the macro its self. Without seeing it, it's hard to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seemed to be some glitch .  Next time I opened a RAW image the choices weren't grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I see I had to check the open and save in the batch dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you open it this time just as a straight raw instead of the CS6 tiff version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems that the first time I open an image(s) in CC menus are grayed out and I have to close any images and reopen, then menus are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines