• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC GIF exporting with wrong frame timing

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to make display ads all the time at my old job, so I'm not sure why it's a problem now. It's a simple small ad, first frame 3 seconds, next two frames .5 seconds, last frame 2 seconds. 

However, when I export for web as a GIF, then I go to preview it on my desktop, the timing is all wrong. The first two frames are super fast and the last two are slow. I did a test email of it to myself just to be sure, and it's wrong there as well, so there's no way I can send it out until I get the timing fixed.

Thank you!

EDIT

Tried exporting on my PC and worked just fine.... mac issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

I just spent the last trying to figure this out. Thank you! It's an issue with Preview, not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue! Sadly no PC I can use to save my GIF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue on my Mac. Adobe, it would be great if you could fix this as I have to create some urgent GIFs for a client.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

»then I go to preview it on my desktop«

With the Finder preview? Have you tried previewing in a browser? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem on my mac, but it looks like it was just a view problem. Looks normal in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a report on Mac Finder preview displaying gifs wrong – I guess it might be that Photoshop creates gifs with ambiguousity or it might be that Mac’s Finder interprets them downright wrong.  

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/when-creating-a-frame-animation-the-timing-ap...

Do the gifs perform as expected in a browser window? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, Mac user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm experiencing the same thing for the first time ever. I make GIFs almost daily for work, and suddenly out of the blue it decided to do this...Any updates or finds since the topic posted in March?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent the last trying to figure this out. Thank you! It's an issue with Preview, not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be marked as the right answer, if you open up your GIF in chrome or something other than Preview it will show up fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen this too and just want to make clear that it is not just the Apple Preview app, but any macOS service that uses the same method. For example, QuickLook (spacebar) on the Finder desktop has the same problem.

I agree with the solution…preview the animated GIF in something else, like a web browser. Because at this time, the Mac desktop is not reliable for previewing animated GIFs, I test by dragging the GIF and dropping it into one of the web browsers in my macOS Dock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines