• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Healing Brush not working correctly

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday my Healing Brush (not Spot) was working fine. 

Today though, whenever I try to select a portion of the image to use from, and then drag the brush over the area to be 'healed' the brush is very jerky and not smooth anymore - makes it almost impossible to use!?

I have not changed any settings etc since it was working just as normal before. It is the only healing type brush affected too - all the others work smoothly as before.

I am on version 23.4.2 of Photoshop CC, on Mac OS 11.6.7

Any ideas ??

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Photoshop. We're here to help.

Could you please share more details about your workflow? How many layers does your document have? Does this happen with recently created documents only, or do all documents behave similarly?
Does this happen after a series of steps or has been done, or does it become slow from the beginning?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

If this does not help, please ensure Photoshop has the required disk access & permissions: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-learn-how-to-give-full-dis...

Go to the location of the preference folder mentioned below and rename it to backup. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• macOS: In the Finder, hold down the Option key when using the Go menu > Library > Go to Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2022 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2022. old)

These changes will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install.

Let us know how it goes,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your reply.

This issue just started out of the blue - one day it was fine, next day.. as I described.

It is affecting any documents I open in Photoshop - with no layers or multiple layers - it is the same. It just does this from the start, no steps seem to vary the slow and jerky cursor effect I am getting now.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop - but no change.

I will try the steps you mention above now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still having No luck with finding our what has happened to my Healing Brush Tools operation.

It is the ONLY brush tool that now will not work in a smooth manner. It is jerky and difficult to use.

I have tried the steps above, but no change.

This happened overnight one day with no settings changed anywhere.

One of my most used tools, and now it is basically unusable !

Anyone got any ideas??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines