• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Live Shapes Properties Bug (also in 2022)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking out the corner radii controls on vector shapes and it looked to be working, until I created a couple of other shapes. The Properties box inconsistently changes for the same kind of shapes.

Link to vid to show my problem: http://cl.ly/PheD

Looks like I can't go back to edit the shape for some reason. What would cause this? It's like the shape has suddenly stopped being a Live Shape.

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

What happens if you use the Path Selection Tool to select the shapes instead of the Move Tool?

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop CC 2014 and same problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing that using the Path Selection tool brings up the Live Shape panel on shapes that I make with the pre-dertimined tools (that are circles, rectangles, rounded rectangles, etc.), but if I add points to modify those original shapes (say, add a little pointer thingy to a rounded rectangle) the Path Selection tool no longer triggers the Live Shape Properties panel, which is a bummer. See below:Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 3.14.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 3.14.46 PM.png

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm that this is still very broken and regularly completely prevents you from changing live shape properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, CC2014 live shape properties accessible only on shape creation. If I select another layer and then come back to shape, only mask and feather options are visible, no live shape properties.
Please fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something I discovered, is if you've got the shape layer linked with another layer, the panel won't work. For instance, I created an arrow and a drop shadow converted to it's own layer and linked the two. Wanted to change the fill, but couldn't do so until I disabled the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same thing for me.  It was working last week and now when I select my shapes with the Path Selection Tool or the Direct Select tool the only one the Live Shape Properties comes up for is rectangles.  Nothing else works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, actually I'm encountering the same thing as you now. There's a limited tool strip in the control panel that comes available when you select with the path selection tool, and apparently the problem with not being able to select a shape if it's linked to another layer has been sorted out, but now the ffucking properties panel shows nothing even upon drawing a shape initially! Oh... don't like the bad language, Adobe? Then fix the goddam problem! How hard can it be????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug still not fixed, now even ALT + click on shape layer trick do not work - Adobe - please fix this annoying bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any further developments on this? I originally tried this fix:

How to change between Live shapes to masks properties in Photoshop CC - Graphic Design Stack Exchang...

Which worked just fine for a while. Now I am back to masks all the time and no options to switch. I make my vector art in AI and copy and paste it into PS as a shape layer. I love the properties tab, it's so great except when it decides it wants to be masks only. Can't we get a little toggle button at the top of the panel to pick either shape or mask?

Anyway, any advice or new tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeane, the way you decided to implement this is not to handy. It would be great if the next update this comes as it was and no as it is right now.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me was something really dumb, for some reason the "show transform controls" box was desactivated.Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 14.35.30.png

Just activated it back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm having same issues as the original poster and its 5 years later? Why can't we transform live shapes without losing all properties? Why do you intermediately lose the ability to make live shapes that have properties? I have other grievances with Photoshop, but after using Z Brush and Modo I realize how badly this software is aging. Please step up your game Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really a joke Adobe. This bug consists more than 5 years, and nobody fixes it? How valuable our we (the users) to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to PS 2020, and this bug is STILL not fixed. As far as I know, the problem has existed since the Properties panel was introduced. We've got at least 6.5 years of reports in this thread alone.

Adobe, fix your bugs. They're really piling up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly 2022, this bug is approaching decadal status. Very cool, Adobe! Very cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing this discussion into a bug report thread for the team to notice it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default83le9f9hn2vl I'm not able to reproduce the the OP or prior issues in this thread. Can you provide steps to reproduce or a video that demonstrates the problem in Photoshop 2022 v23.0.1? The properties panel has changed and improved a lot over the past 8 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video of this issue on something as simple as modifying a single anchor point on a shape.
https://www.loom.com/share/dede1b51898740f6bc40f06e306d964a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ryjostudio Not a bug. It looks like you have this warning dialog turned off: 

JeffreyTranberry_0-1640717285575.png

When you modify the shape manually like you do in your video - instead of parametrically, Photoshop no longer recognizes the shape as a "Smart" shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines