• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop cc won't automatically resize the window when zooming

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated cc and lost my automatic resize when zooming. Have reset my workspace, preferences, etc and can't get it working. researching this I keep finding the following fix:

this tells me to go to general preferences and click the 'automatic resize box' which is not available. Its driving me crazy!!! any ideas??

My general settings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Can you give us more information like OS version and Photoshop versions.  I find it works on my Windows 10 machines in all version of Photoshop. But I also have a problem with it. Something seems to change one setting  in tools preferences  "Zoom Resizes Windows" I have to frequently edit my preferences to recheck that preference. I have not been able to track dow what it doing it. Most likely a script , action or plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us more information like OS version and Photoshop versions.  I find it works on my Windows 10 machines in all version of Photoshop. But I also have a problem with it. Something seems to change one setting  in tools preferences  "Zoom Resizes Windows" I have to frequently edit my preferences to recheck that preference. I have not been able to track dow what it doing it. Most likely a script , action or plug-in.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARGHHHHH! I kept looking in the General and workspace preferences NOT the tool preferences. Stupid mistake. Thanks so much for the response - my workflow is very happy again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is the setting enable floating to be docked, which is in the Edit> Preferences>Workspace
Uncheck that setting; the description that appears a few seconds after hovering your cursor on that option says "hold crtl and drag[click]" to temporaily disable it (likely cmd on mac idk).
I check all options to get this answer because everyone other reply/question was talk of a different resizing issue. I was trying to have both photoshop and illustrator on the screen and felt like it could be plugin or scripts but here's a pic of the option:
Disable setting floating window docking.png

Wizzerd L.A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines