• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop change image

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photo of moss and want to make the size of each blade of moss to be smaller so it looks like real moss

Can anyone explain to me how to do this in Photoshop CC

attatched is the photo

thanks for any help

moss33.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image was just taken too close, so showing more detail. I don't think you can make all the blades smaller, other than duplicating the layer and tiling the layers, but that would show a repeat patten.

moss.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maximom, I love the moss, one of my favorite things in our wet country of Oregon. I think this larger picture is just right to make it a lot smaller.  If the original is say 7"X 7" reduce to 3"X3" and see if that works. 

You can free transform to a larger or angled size. I often copy a patch of the moss and then transform it. This is a long-form of moss, so don't compact it too much. You can also copy this picture, paste it on another layer, and then fiddle with it with filters and such. Have fun with it. Best always, JH

Moss style.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You could do this in Photoshop using the Filter>Other Offset to move the image half across and half down then clone over the edge (repeating as required) to get a tileable pattern.
However, there are better tools for example Adobe now own Substance Alchemist which is designed to produce tileable textures from a 2D image. It produces these not only as 2D patterns but as complete materials with height maps etc. It also has the tools to randomise elements of the image which helps to disguise the joins .

See below screenshot using your image as the basis for the texture (in this forum click on the image to open in a separate window then right click and choose view image to see at full size)

2019-10-06_20-06-39.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines