• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Constantly lagging

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I facing constantly lagging or delay in my Photoshop. been working ever since i change my PC to Mac Mini 2019. everything was very well. until one day 19th Jan 2020, not sure whether Photoshop had updated by itself or not, i just realized my photoshop had been lagging after an hour of use. sometimes it cost delay when i press option key picking color, or using lasso tools,,or sometimes even not responding like it going crash but it comes back to normal after a few minutes later. then repeat the lagging again even though i had to restart my computer. my Mac mini spec is pretty good enough to handle very heavy file, i7 6 core processor, 16GB ram,  but even i work on a small file it also lagging after few hours of use. Adobe please fix it ASAP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Photoshop should run pretty well on your Mac Mini.

Have you had a chance to review the Troubleshooting page for when Photoshop freezes, lags, or is slow?

Photoshop lags, freezes, or runs slowly

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

Something that's always worth double-checking is your available space on your Macintosh HD (Apple Menu > About This Mac > Storage).   If that gest to be less than 10%, you're very likely to notice a drop in system performance.  I usually try to keep this at 20% free or more.

About This Mac - Storage - Available.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Warren, Thanks for the reply.

Also thank you for sharing the troubleshooting page.

Honestly, I've been using photoshop for years, kind of familiar to it.

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 5.20.55 AM.png

There're still 355GB free space, i pretty sure it shouldn't be a problem to run PS smoothly.

I also set my Photoshop memory usage to let photoshop use 85%.

even set my graphics processor setting to most basic, only tick openCL and 30 bit display.

It was running smoothly all the time until 19th Jan, i not so sure about whether it has updated itself since I've turned on the update automatically, then the problem starts to come in. freezes, and lags.

I even try the downgrade PS v20.0.8 , and tried out the new 2020 which is the v21.0.3, both have the same result.

At first, I thought it could be the Wacom tablet driver problem, so I update and re-installed. but it hasn't changed anything, then re-installed the old driver version, still hasn't changed anything. 

Also, one weird error that i have never discovered before which is the ( Save For Web ). it always show up this messageScreenshot 2020-02-01 at 5.16.25 AM.png

Do you have any solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines