• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CRASHES opening, Catalina 10.15.7

Contributor ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually everything works (mostly) like expected. Since a few days two odd things:

a) Photoshop works fine when the iMac is freshly booted, but keeps crashing immediatly whenever opened at a later time. b) Creative Cloud.app doesn't recognize installed apps, e.g. Illustator and InDesign are definitely installed, but keep showing as "Install (now)".

Tried:

- reset preferences

- uninstalled/reinstalled PS

- updated Catalina to latest version

- runnning iMac, Catalina 10.15.7, latest CS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Contributor , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Adobe just confirmed that they know of the issue (which is related to its use of Open CL), but won't tell when or if a fix will become available. The only version that doesn't crash, according to Adobe, is 21.X.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Update June 10th: current version 22.4.2 seems to be working for me. I can close and re/open PS, again. Preferences > Performance > "OPEN CL" is entirely greyed-out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

If the crash was related to OpenCL and macOS, then what fixed it is not Photoshop 22.4.2, but Apple Security Update 2021-003. (The crash was caused by the previous Apple Security Update 2021-002.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I unchecked the Use Open CL option, ran the Cataline security update and it is still crashing. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option is only relevant for a few things (hover option to see which), but not everything related to Open CL; it doesn't disable the use of Open CL globally and PS still crashes when disabled. Adobe just confirmed that they know of the issue (which is related to its use of Open CL), but won't tell when (or if) a fix will become available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just confirmed that they know of the issue (which is related to its use of Open CL), but won't tell when or if a fix will become available. The only version that doesn't crash, according to Adobe, is 21.X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update to a resolution to this problem from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. 22.4.2 seems to be working for me…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is crashing and jumps back 2-3 days to save, so I'm losing work. It's happned to me twice. Why? Windows 1o PS 22,4,1 version. Its very frustrating. Brand new Dell Laptop, plenty of memory..I just don't get it. Never happened as much as it's happening now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post this in a new thread - you are posting on a closed/accepted answer post about a Mac OS issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update June 10th: current version 22.4.2 seems to be working for me. I can close and re/open PS, again. Preferences > Performance > "OPEN CL" is entirely greyed-out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the crash was related to OpenCL and macOS, then what fixed it is not Photoshop 22.4.2, but Apple Security Update 2021-003. (The crash was caused by the previous Apple Security Update 2021-002.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're sorry for the crash issue. Take a look at the following troubleshooting article and try the first 6 simple steps that can help you resolve most of the crash and freeze issues with Photoshop:  Troubleshoot crash or freeze | Photoshop  

If that doesn't help then, take a look at the other troubleshooting tips section.  

Let us know your feedback.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines