• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS3 help please!

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a very old version of Photoshop, CS3, on my Macbook combined with a very old Mac OS, Yosemite 10.10.

As I understand it if I upgrade my OS beyond 10.10 I’ll run into problems as CS3 doesn’t work properly with Sierra, High Sierra etc and not at all with Mojave.

What version of Photoshop would I need therefore to work with Sierra, High Sierra etc? I have an opportunity to purchase a CS 6 upgrade very cheaply but can you upgrade directly from CS3 to CS6, or can you only upgrade to CS6 from CS5. Furthermore would CS6 cure my OS upgrade problems or does CS6 have similar issues with Sierra, High Sierra etc…

Sorry for all the questions but thank you for the answers…

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

karlos1964  wrote

I have an opportunity to purchase a CS 6 upgrade very cheaply

Hi

Alarm bells should be ringing here as Adobe don't sell CS6 any longer, you can of course purchase the Photography plan for $9.99/month which includes new releases

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should explain. The CS6 upgrade disk is on e bay not an adobe purchase!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe ARE NOT SELLING CS6. Not in any form. If you believe you have been offered it by Adobe support, you are probably dealing with imposters/scammers. This happens constantly, and is a terrible thing. How did the offer come to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't buy it.  Every red flag and alarm bell should be going off, because I'm 99.9% sure its not a legit copy.  I say just go with the $9.99 photography plan and you'll always have the most recent version of Photoshop readily available for you to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not purchase from eBay!

Even if its a legit copy, it is used - you will not be recognized at the valid (original) purchaser so when you run into any install or activation issues you are out of luck and Adobe will not be able to assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The chances of this being a hacked copy are very high, with the associated risks to your PC from malware and the chances that it will not work at all or will stop working at any time. Don't buy it.

Either take out a subscription to the Photography plan or buy a perpetual license to Photoshop Elements.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sierra does not support the CS6 installers. You can try these work-a-rounds. Keep in mind that you can get the older versions of Adobe software in Adobe's Creative Cloud.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eBay  has a reputation for being a pirates den.  It's not a fit place for buying legit software.  Don't set yourself up to get ripped off or worse, your computer infected with malware.  It's just not worth the risks.   Photoshop CC on the Photography Plan is well-worth the price and very affordable.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly eBay might sell CS6 upgrades, but they might not working. If you feel the gamble you can use PayPal buyer protection. Adobe used to sell CS6 upgrade but that was more than 7 years ago. You should think to get Creative Cloud, they even sell 1 year pre-paid photography plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines