• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS4 Extended Download

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reviewed the previous discussions and didn't see where I can download CS4 Extended. I have had CS4 for over 10 years and never heard of the Extended portion until tonight.

Is this something that I can download for free? I am interested in the 3D aspects. I followed several of the links on Adobe and the links from this discussion and didn't see where I could download it. Is it still available?

Does anyone have a verified and reliable link to where I can download CS4 Extended dor Windows 10? My CS4 is licensed and registered. Is there a fee associated with the Extended portion and if so, do you know how much it is?

Thank you for your help.

Tom

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

As you're probably now aware, back in the day CS4 was available in two versions: Standard and Extended. Extended cost more than Standard due to the extra features such as 3D.

CS4 is now a dead product. Adobe shutdown the activation server nearly two years ago. Even if you could get hold of a CS4 Extended installer with a valid serial number, it can no longer be activated for use beyond the 30 day trial period.

See the note on  Creative Suite 2, 3 and 4 at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

CS4 was released in October 2008. That's fifteen years ago. I'd say you've got your money's worth, and then some.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you're probably now aware, back in the day CS4 was available in two versions: Standard and Extended. Extended cost more than Standard due to the extra features such as 3D.

CS4 is now a dead product. Adobe shutdown the activation server nearly two years ago. Even if you could get hold of a CS4 Extended installer with a valid serial number, it can no longer be activated for use beyond the 30 day trial period.

See the note on  Creative Suite 2, 3 and 4 at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

You'll have to keep your existing CS4 going for as long as your computer hardware will run it.

Out of interest, Adobe is dropping 3D features from the latest version of Photoshop. Adobe suggests 3D artists subscribe to Substance instead.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

U N B E L I E V A B L E !   I spend so much money in this product. Now I was trying to go back and pursue my passion to find out that I can't use the product that I bought with my hard work. This is so disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 was released in October 2008. That's fifteen years ago. I'd say you've got your money's worth, and then some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd down vote your response if the system allowed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. No matter how old it was, it still worked for me. I paid for a lifetime license and Adobe has not kept their word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lifetime license" is an illusion. All software stops working at some point if you don't update. Or functionality gets severely limited after a while. For instance, if you bought a new camera today you couldn't use it with CS4.

The difference is that now you get the updates included, whereas before you had to pay extra for them.

If you still find CS4 useful, as limited as it is compared to the current versions, you're probably better off using Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it's Adobe to whom you should direct your remarks to tell them that they are wrong.

Their own article here says CS4 cannot be reinstalled.

Adobe Creative Suite archive

@Jeff A Wright Any reason that this poster could install and activate CS4 when Adobe articles clearly say it is no longer possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John Waller most likely cracked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very certainly cracked. If the software "activated", as @Tomasz.Nowak says, it didn't do so in any legal/legitimate way - because there isn't one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines