• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 all menus grayed out

Explorer ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop file after working on image all the menus go grayed out. Able to save file but can not select any menus. After you save the image quit and then reopen file works fine. This has happened 5 times today.

Tried the file in CS3 Photoshop and have not had this problem

Imac G5 2 GHz Intel Core Creative Suite Master Collection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this and have loaded up but I am afraid no change.

I figure it is not going to be fixed so I am using Colorburst rips to get round the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figure it is not going to be fixed...

banghead.gif

(for the third time...)

What               do              you              have              handling              your               color               conversion,         Photoshop         or          the  Printer?

colormanagethis.jpg

I get the colour settings in the print area grayed out...

If you have chosen Photoshop Manages Colors, it is a new and intended behavior (using CS5 and Snow Leopard) for the Color Settings to be grayed out in the subsequent print dialog!

(my little gif "banging-head-against-brick-wall" animation doesn't run when posted, too bad! It so expresses my exasperation with JP's lack of communication regarding his problem.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read post 63?

This is a different issue than the thead topic. I believe you are just seeing a behavior change that happens in Snow Leopard and CS5; if Photoshop is chosen to manage color conversion when printing, the color options in the print dialog are grayed-out on purpose to prevent a user from accidentally double profiling.

You can check this by choosing the printer to manage the color and see if the color options reappear. If not, then start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Did you update to 12.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me - saving - rebooting - re-opening worked (but that is in Photoshop 2019 cc)

I do not know if that is relevant.

Plus - I had that issue coming from lightroom.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines