• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Clipboard Issue (Win 7)

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of PS CS5 installed and i can only paste an image that i copied from before the program was started. When Ps is already started and I copy an image and try to paste it in PS it will paste the image I copied before I started the program not the one I just copied...

It's a pretty annoying situation... not being able to copy and paste once the program is running. I have to shut it down, start it up again to paste the image I want...

Anybody a solution?

I work on: Win 7 ultimate 64 bit - i7 - 8 gigs ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 16, 2010 Oct 16, 2010

i had exactly the same issue with clipboard in PS CS5 described by David Dobish above. I solved it by removing Selective Tool (64 bit) Pluging from NIK SOFTWARE. Now clipboard works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 305 Replies 305
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you, and it is exciting as that worked for this text even though it doesn't make sense to me why that should work. Next up, I took a screenshot by ctrl+alt+prnt scr, thinking all would be well again, and of course no, I need to paste in Paint and save a file format to open in PSD. It's just not a normal need, to work around various difficulties constantly due to a bug in a software that cost plenty, without getting a "bug" refund for the ongoing trouble/hassle, IMO. Granted, I use photoshop for tons more, but the inability to use it for the simple things as I have it since 1996, is negative user experience for sure.  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The noth_girl trick of screen capture by holding down <Prt_Sc>, then pressing and holding <Alt> for a second has always worked for me, even if PS was being balky. By the way, the text sequence makes sense if you're entering text from the keyboard -- you want to see it on screen, and selecting another layer is the equivalent of hitting enter because you're finished with that text entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just wanted to add that I've been experiencing the copy/paste problem with Photoshop CS6 all morning. I have none of the plugins installed that have been mentioned in this forum. I have managed to resolve it with a simple fix, but will keep an eye on this issue. I basically shut down Photoshop, then manually restarted it by double-clicking the Photoshop.exe file. For now, the issue is resolved.

The problem seems to have been triggered when I ran a few scripts. The scripts are "copy" and  "paste". These scripts replace the keyboard shortcuts for copy (ctrl+c) and paste (ctrl+v). Once I ran these scripts, the problem began. But I have been using these scripts for months now with no problems. I use other software running in the background such as AutoHotKey which may have been a factor, but I doubt that since simply restarting Photoshop cleared up the problem.  Infact, it required 2 shutdowns and re-starts of Photoshop before I resolved the issue on my end. I'll continue to report on this should the problem persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm I have the same problem, if I remove the "NIK software" folder from my plugins folder copy/paste works just fine and when I put it back it's broken again. I can still copy from web images and paste into Irfanview so it does seem like a Photoshop problem.

Win 7 Pro

PS CS5 12.1 x 64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just very recently - started having this problem on my design workstation Win7 64bits + Photoshop CS6.. and another workstation using Win7 64bits + Photoshop CC.. I spent 2.5 days making research - and one tip left - that it had to be related with a 'plugin'. After many trials and mistakes - I found the culprit: Dropbox!!! There is a functionality that allows for screen captures to be sent to your DB.. I de-installed and removed ALL references in the regedit + application data folders. TADA!!! Issue resolved. Now upon opening a 'new' document in .psd the clipboard is no longer gray-out.

I need to test if - reinstalling DB and NOT the 'screenshot' functionality - will allow the clipboard to work in .psd.

Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To solve this problem run your photoshop as Administrator!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines