• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 epson scanner issue

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about  this underlined type showing up.

I am useing the PS CS 5 trail on my power mac G5, running on system is snow leopard. My scanner is t...

Does any one have any clues how to get this to scan?

Thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bluerosez wrote:

Wo Tai Lao Le,

Do you work for Adobe?

No.   

bluerosez wrote:

If you do not maybe you should.....

You have no way of knowing just how hilariously funny that is.   roflol.gif

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! Lengthy and informative discussion- THANK you to all who on here who have supplied these great fix ideas. Special thanks to Tai Lao for the extra insights!

I have Epson Perfection V500-it came with warning about NOT using disc if installing on Snow Leopard, so i downloaded their "new improved" driver from Epson site-after I'd already messed up and used the disc. Called their support and they told me to reinstall- Reinstall is not a big issue- it just overwrites what was there, and no the scanner STILL didn't show up in CS5, but it DOES show up by itself with the Epson box that I and others need, and works fine. ( I had NO probelms accessing it on the G4 thru CS3 photoshop- scanner performance is not the issue- it's adobe's interface) Epson could not help me with the PS to Scanner dialogue thru Import. They told me to go to Adobe-so I landed here first.

I can scan thru Epson fine as a stand alone on my current system, just forGET it with scanning thru CS5! I am going to use stand alone program, do raw scans, send to a file folder that I will THEN access in photoshop and thru a batch command in PS covert them ALL to PS files to do adjustments as needed- PIA for SURE, but to person with 4000 scans- i HEAR you! I'm  the same, and am sick of dealing with all the techno upgrades. I hate them all (corporations and big brother) so VERY very much..., but person who mentioned being forced to acquiesce is right. Again…Its the way she goes, just the way she goes……

I'm @ CS5, snow leopard on an intel core 2 duo upgraded with a 500G HD, and 4G's of Ram- that's IT baby! if my stuff holds up for 7 years like the G4 has with CS3 then YEE HAW! I'll be damned if let this confuse me further. It is what it is. Duct tape holds the world together- THIS is Adobe and Epson Duct tape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything suggested here, still nothing. Prints fine with PSCS5, but will not scan using any software.

I had a G4 iMac(old soccer ball type) have an Epson CS5400 printer/scanner combo and it would do everything just fine.

The G4 blew its hard drive away, and is gone. So I hooked the Epson up to my one year old G5 Intel iMac 24 inch, 10.5.8 computer.

I can print from PSCS5 only, not from Elements.

Ive downloaded the proper drivers from the Epson site and restarted the computer.

Still nothing. Even using Image Capture, here is a screenshot to show how it looks, see how the scan button with IC or Preview is always grayed out.

http://www.jcarter.net/troubles/epson-no-scan.jpg

I will be buying a new 27 inch iMac soon, and our store has a special, a new HP scanner/printer combo for $49.  I am hoping that this one will work, and I will give the old Epson away to someone with an older Mac.

Thank you,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2010 Oct 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out, I made the screenshot from the Epson support site,

http://www.jcarter.net/troubles/the-answer-maybe.jpg

Or see the quote from their info below.

Q:
Since I upgraded to Mac OS X 10.5.x (Leopard), I cannot start Epson Scan on my Intel-based Mac. What should I do?
A:
Currently only PowerPC TWAIN and EPSON Scan drivers are available for your Epson Stylus Photo, and these drivers will not work when installed on Intel-based Macs. For now, use Apple’s Image Capture program (located in the Applications folder) to scan images to your computer.

So its time for a new scanner/printer combo, my dear old Epson is about 5 years old anyway.

Too bad Epson cant do anything about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines