• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Type Tool Crash

New Here ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Photoshop CS5's type tool. I can open Photoshop, but each time I select the type tool or a type related palette and sometimes the HDR tool, my photoshop simple crashes, asks me to reopen and eventually brings up a crash report.

I have requested support via the support service, only for my request to be withdrawn, after one unsuccessful suggestion and then logging in to find it withdrawn after not receiving an email, with a reply saying my graphics card is not supported.

My question is, if my graphics card is not supported, why suggest that I delete my pref file and recreate it by opening photoshop?

My other question is, why is the graphics card a MacBook Pro, that is only just over a year old and that cost me nearly £3500 not supported by PS CS5? Makes no sense, do you expect people to buy new hardware just to run CS5?

Here is my system and a description of the probelm.

MacBook Pro 17" (Purchased March 2009, brand new and customised)

Mac OS Snow Leopard (Up-to-date)

8GB RAM

NVIDEA GeForce 9400 GT and NVIDEA GeForce (9400M)

Student/Teacher copy of Design Premium CS5

Open Photoshop CS5, select the type tool, photoshop CS5 crashes. Thats all I do, is that enough information for you?

Please help as I am not happy with the software or the manner in which my support request was dealt with after the first attempt to fix the problem.

Kind Regards

Paul Goodman

ps. I think the Adobe staff need to be more open minded with their customers, we aren't all computer genius'. I personal think that because Adobe have cornered the market, that they are becoming complacent. If you know the software hasn't been tested enough on Macs, then don't release it until it is ready.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, a few weeks after a complete HD wipe and reinstall of CS5 and OS 10.5.8, Photoshop is freezing when I double-click a type layer. Same old problem all over again. This is really, really disappointing. It's a profit killer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm having this same issue—any time I click on the text tool, Photoshop freezes.  I have gone through the KB articles, deleted error fonts, cache, resoved duplicates, etc.  No luck.  I am running Leopard, and I see mention of that being an issue (and upgrading to Snow Leopard being a fix?) but want to confirm before I drive two hours to the Apple Store.

Thanks.

MacPro 2x3 GHz Dual-Core Intel

5 GB RAM

OS X 10.5.8 Leopard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My snow leopard hasn't arrived yet. Once it comes and I install I will let you know of the outcome.

Sean Gunvalsen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Snow Leopard and the problem disappeared.

As a recap: I did all the other steps noted in the KB article when I was still running 10.5.4 and the problem persisted.  And as soon as I installed 10.6.6 the problem disappeared.  So since I did all of those other steps first, I can't say if simply upgrading to 10.6.6 would fix the problem, but anyone else having the problem might want to start there and if that doesn't work, move on to the steps outlined in the KB article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I was still running 10.5.4 and the problem persisted.  And as soon as I installed 10.6.6 the problem disappeared.

Apple did fix a bunch of font bugs in 10.6.4.  Not sure when they'll fix the remainder of the font bugs though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/846/cpsid_84633.html

This download from Adobe worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines