• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 and CC on the same PC

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed in 2012 Photoshop CS6 on my PC with Nik Software plugs in. If I installed Photoshop and Lightroom CC on the same PC will one interfere with the other. Would my Nik Software Plugs in still work flawlessly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have both installed. Just be careful installing CC, as it might remove CS6, I believe there is a check box during installation to prevent this - LOOK for it!

On my computer:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, your Nik Collection will work perfectly also on your CC version. There is no reason to stick with the Cs6 in 2017 really.

All my best,
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All version of Photoshop have bugs  I choose to use CC 2014 over CC  2015, CC 2015.5 and CC 2017. I have them all installed also CC and CS6

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe said you can, too:

Can I install both CS6 and CC apps on my computer?

Yes. Its fine to have both versions installed on your computer. A CS6 version can co-exist with a CC version without causing any trouble. Sometimes, you need both versions to be able to work with multiple clients and deliverables.

Although, if there ever comes a time where you wish to uninstall CC and run with CS6 only on the computer, then you might need to deactivate and reactivate CS6 in order to re-enable it after CC is uninstalled, and/or follow these instructions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines