• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 looks pixelated on Mac Retina screen

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS6 running on a MacBook Pro with a 15" retina screen. By default it runs in low-resolution, which makes everything pixelated. When I right-click on the app and go to "Get Info" I see an option to "Open in Low Resolution". When I uncheck it Photoshop opens in high-resolution and it looks beautiful, but it's unusable: I can't click on any of the tools, the sidebars, or anything. So I bring it back to low-resolution and everything works well, except that it looks pixelated again.

I have the 13.0 update (the latest one) and there aren't any additional updates according to Photoshop.

Is there any way to have Photoshop CS6 run in high-resolution?

Thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Did you download the 13.0.6 update from the adobe ftp server like i described above?

Even when photoshop cs6 was the current photoshop. lots of users including myself had to download the 13.0.6 update, since for whatever reason sometimes on a certain computer it just wouldn't show in updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at Help > System Info    The first line should read 13.0.6 if you have a permanent license, which does take in Reina screens.

If that checks out, go into the Photoshop CS6 folder under the Application folder.

Choose (but don't double-click) Photoshop.app

Uncheck "Open in Low Resolution" if it happens to be check marked.

Reboot your Mac, Restart Photoshop.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Gene, but that's exactly what I was trying before and it doesn't work. In my OP I explained what happens when I try that:

When I uncheck it Photoshop opens in high-resolution and it looks beautiful, but it's unusable: I can't click on any of the tools, the sidebars, or anything. So I bring it back to low-resolution and everything works well, except that it looks pixelated again.

When I open Photoshop and go to Help > System Info this is what I see:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428 2012/03/15:21:00:00) x64

Operating System: Mac OS 10.10.3

It's not 13.0.6. However, when I go to Help > Updates it tells me that all my applications are already up-to-date.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can manually download and update CS6. 13.01 13.04 and 13.06 here Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh

You may want to download and install those in order.

There are other updates there as well for CS6. I don't know why the updater is not functioning.

Anyway, I hope this clears up the retina bugs. (Don't know why I missed what you posted before, but sometimes I do rush things.)

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I just found your thread because I recently upgraded to a newer retina macbook pro and was shocked by the low resolution as well.

I wanted to try and follow your instructions, but somehow I can't uncheck the "open in low resolution" option because it's greyed out. Any ideas why?

Thanks so much in advance,

Miro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update to 13.0.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
The problem of cooperation with high-resolution monitors was solved in version 13.0.7
I had this version until the SSD was replaced in October 2022. Unfortunately, after uninstalling the PS CS6, replacing the SSD, there were problems first with reactivation and then with the CS6 update.
The activation problem was solved by offline activation. Unfortunately, now it is not possible to update to any version higher than 13.0 that was delivered on the DVD. I would like to add that the condition for updating from version 13.0.6 was installing Creative Cloud.
The problem of not being able to update CS6 has been reported many times. For 3 weeks, consultants have been repeating that Adobe has cut off the possibility of updating version 13.0 for its users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There comes a point where CS6 is considered EOL and no longer supported.

CS6 was released in 2003 and reached EOL in 2014.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/adobe-support-policies-supported-product-versions.html#Gold

I've reached out to contacts to see if there has been an official word on update servers being turned off for CS6 but I haven't seen anything announced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe cannot cut you off from using what it offered you in the price of a perpetual CS6 license. No further support means no new updates. The ones that were created must still be available. Adobe should advise that it will cease providing available updates after a certain date, but in such a situation they should give notice and prepare the installation file for the highest version as it currently exists. They didn't. It's not fair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link above provides the details you want about end of service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end of technical support does not mean cutting off the owner of the legal perpetual license from the possibility of reinstalling the software after replacing the SSD and updating to the already existing versions.
End of support means that the software developer will no longer develop the software and will no longer release new Updates. Adobe is required to maintain servers to allow the use of the programs by people, who have purchased a perpetual license. Cutting off a user with a valid perpetual license from the possibility of reinstalling (reactivating) the software and uploading existing updates, especially without prior notice, is in my opinion contrary to the contract for the purchase of a perpetual license (one time purchase).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS are you using?

Are you getting any updates for photoshop cs6 when you use Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6?

You can get many of the photoshop cs6 updates including 13.0.6 from here:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/mac/13.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suport for high resolution displays was solved in version 13.0.7. I need to update to 13.0.7. 

My MacOS is Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 13.0.6 is the last update for photoshop cs6 perpetual license versions on the mac side and includes support for retina displays.

The 13.0.4 photoshop cs6 update was the one that added Retina support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you a CS6 user that you know that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link above does not open any page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Go>Connect to Server and Connect As Guest

from the no longer acessible adobe update pages

13.0.6 includes the updates that were in 13.0.4

up1.pngup2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Go>Connect to Server and Connect As Guest 

Dont know know wher is Go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you used version 13.0.6 with a Retina monitor or other high definition so you say?

From what I remember in version 13.0.6. there was no support for high definition monitors. 13.0.7 is the first one.

13.0.7 is also not the latest version of CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Go menu

gu.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Jeff. You solved my problem. I downloaded the update file for 13.0.6. Now my Mac is running Ps CC6 with HiDPI monitors support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ps CS6 v. 13.0.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you read the fine print on your user agreement and then you can contact Adobe directly to discuss legal aspects of your license agreement. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Licence 

2.1.1 translation from polish version "the license is valid perpetually"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked if i had experierence running photoshop cs6 13.0.6 on a Retina screen and yes i do.

Photoshop cs6 ruuning on an iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017) with macOS Mojave 10.14.6

retina.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines