• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 suddenly a trial version of Extended.

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launched Photoshop CS6 this morning, and suddenly it is a trial version of CS6 Extended. I did not ask for this, I do not want this, I bought, paid for and registered the regular version on the day it was released. I am not renting the software via that stupid creative clod thing, I bought it the regular way. What is happening here? Is this going to happen every time they release a minor update? How do I make it go away?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Today we released Photoshop update version 13.0.4 (for Mac perpetual customers) and version 13.1.2 (for Creative Cloud members, Mac and Windows), resolving this licensing issue:

How to get the Update

1. In Photoshop, choose Help > Updates.
2. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CS6 and choose Update.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updat es-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 608 Replies 608
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of those versions are offered in my Adobe updater doo-dad...guess I'm stayin put.

thank you!

w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, conroy!

w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 7.3 is perfectly safe. I decided to try it to get rid of a slightly cryptic message when opening raw images from Lightroom into Photoshop due to incompatibility of the ACR versions. Other users have reported the same somewhere way back in this thread. If you don't need it though, there is not much point in getting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

camera raw 7.3 ok and will not bring the evil popup back. Go ahead and use it. Worked for me

conroy wrote:

Photoshop 13.0.1 and Camera Raw 7.2 do not wreck the licensing. (Camera Raw 7.3 may be safe but I've not tried it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uhanepono wrote:

camera raw 7.3 ok and will not bring the evil popup back. Go ahead and use it. Worked for me

conroy wrote:

Photoshop 13.0.1 and Camera Raw 7.2 do not wreck the licensing. (Camera Raw 7.3 may be safe but I've not tried it.)

Yeah, but there are some glitches that might make it a poorer choice.

Honestly, if your camera is supported by it, Camera Raw 7.0 is the fastest and (IMO) can deliver the best quality conversions.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This situation becomes more and more absurd. Today I, when I started AE, I was told my trial had expired. I bought the full version of the Master suite.

Hopefully, some of the folks at Adobe might return to work at some point and maybe take a look at the problems they are causing for their hapless customers all because of their draconian copy protection scheme.

I don't think everyone at Adobe is a scumbag.

Just whichever manager has learned about this problem and decided to put it on the back burner.

Oh, and whomever runs customer service.

Lance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting as interesting as it is scary.

The fun part is, this morning, a CNET news item about how Microsoft deals with a bug in IE.  This can be used as a standard for measuring customer service performance in difficult situations.  Here it is... I quote.

"...Microsoft will fix a zero-day hole in IE today almost a week after this month's regular Patch Tuesday updates.

Discovered late last month, the vulnerability could allow attackers to gain control of a Windows computer running one of the older versions of IE by directing users to malicious Web sites. In response, Microsoft had suggested several workarounds and even offered a "one-click fix" designed to mitigate the problem, but those were considered temporary solutions.

Today's update will fully resolve the issue, according to Microsoft. Scheduled for rollout at 10 a.m. PT, the fix will be available as a critical update, meaning it will automatically be applied to any Windows computers with Automatic Updates turned on. Otherwise, users will need to install the update manually through Windows Update."

Well, I think we have done all we can to help Adobe.  We've nice, we've been rough, we've been patient, we've been impatient, we offered, we demanded…

Whether we are a responsible person, or organization, depends on how we respond to challenge.

Perhaps somebody will write to Cnet and ask for help, ask for investigation...  Perhaps somebody will go on to Facebook and ask for help... I don't know how kids gets motivated nowadays…

It is so sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could adobe be having some sort of attack happening in the background that they arent making the public aware of?  This issue as been on going for over a month and nothing has even been implimented to even try and address the customers and user community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear that Creative Suite 7 promises 50% less losing of your serial number!

Now even the useless and clueless chat lines are on at least a 20 minute wait.

The customer service telephone lines are an hour+ (though my experience is that you never get through).

Perhaps the manager of customer service is still on vacation (or busy being promoted for saving the company tons of money by offering the worst customer service in the business)?

Some companies take pride in offering reasonable service to their valued customers.

Then there is Adobe.

Lance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workarounds and tips have been posted.

But this came up DURING the winter holidays, and that means that the solution is going to take a little longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your holidays start on Dec 12??? Sounds generous....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix will be released within the next couple of days. As Chris mentioned, the holiday shutdown slowed us down due to the nature of the problem.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barry - will this just be a mac fix or will it address the identical issue I've had in windows since (read it and weep) OCTOBER??

Said a plaintive voice in the background.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY! And similar un-grown-up noises 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy that.

KirstyMc wrote:

YAY! And similar un-grown-up noises 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately:

PsUpdater.jpg

Error messege:

Adobe Photoshop 13.0.1

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a very different issue from what we're discussing in this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think so Chris. This is the message I got when I tried to run the Mac updater to fix the proplem being discussed. If you can shed some light on this I'm all ears. It is getting pretty damn frustrating. What is the message behind this error code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a different issue from that being discussed in this thread, but this failure is known to occur when users delete files that the patch expects. The common case is users delete or move installed plugins. The only way to get back to a good state is to uninstall and reinstall CS6, or put back the files (plugins) that are expected.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barry - Do you have timemachine B/Us? Or if your on a PC some kine B/U? Try go back to a state before you (might have) moved or changed something and choose to "restore" the folder or files or prefernces that got changed to that previous, unchanged, state. That worked for me on a similar issue - Saved me from a reinstall. Maybe you did nothing to cause the message - If you run mac try clear your user (not system) cashe and let adobe repopulate in that case . I don't know about file structures in the case of PC. Adobe - can you look up that error number and see wad-up-wid-dat? It can't be for nothing that they give it a number.

••Frivolous aside** ~This all reminds me a a startrek episode where a totally automated future society gets an error message from the system computer and they need Data (TNG android's name) to fix it before everything goes terribly wrong, as it were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

This is totally unacceptable.

I posted more than a month ago about Adobe Photoshop's problem - not mine, not my OS, not someone else's.

2013-01-15-Photoshop Expired Notice.jpg

I don't want to hear any more excuses, blames, what my OS system is, did I do this or that!

When I am getting a discount for Adobe's problem!

Adobe is "the best", and they should stand up and admit to this problem and make good on their product!

Stacey Bindman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm just got an update for bridge, wonder if that means an update/fix for PS is coming today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stacey Bindman wrote:

Adobe is "the best", and they should stand up and admit to this problem and make good on their product!

Just FYI, they have admitted the problem is theirs, have provided workarounds, and have promised to have it fixed in the next few days.  I don't think today's Bridge update is the one, since I'm sure they would be all over the forum saying so if it was.

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/trial-screen-displays-you-open.html

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines