• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 suddenly a trial version of Extended.

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launched Photoshop CS6 this morning, and suddenly it is a trial version of CS6 Extended. I did not ask for this, I do not want this, I bought, paid for and registered the regular version on the day it was released. I am not renting the software via that stupid creative clod thing, I bought it the regular way. What is happening here? Is this going to happen every time they release a minor update? How do I make it go away?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Today we released Photoshop update version 13.0.4 (for Mac perpetual customers) and version 13.1.2 (for Creative Cloud members, Mac and Windows), resolving this licensing issue:

How to get the Update

1. In Photoshop, choose Help > Updates.
2. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CS6 and choose Update.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updat es-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 608 Replies 608
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn ... I was actually hopeful again only to have those hopes dashed and in under 2 days.

I went to open another image tonight and there it was ... the inevitable popup asking me to sign in for the Trial Version of Photoshop CC. So I signed into my account, accepted the license, and then was thanked and told "Adobe Photoshop CC will now be licensed to [me]. Click continue to enjoy the software."

I give up ... have tried just about everything. But, of course, I'm always open to any other suggestions. Just wish Adobe would hurry up and fix this thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me. Yes all these issues are repeatedly happening on four of our Macs running OS X 10.7.5 with both Adobe CS 6 and Adobe CC. Still having the updating error and when attempting to fix it I then get the licensing error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a free lance graphic designer, I upgraded Photoshop from CS4 to CS6 13.0 and to InDesign 8.0 in December, 2012, reluctantly because I would have had to purchase a full version in January. Score 1 against Adobe's customer service. I have been following this thread since then. I have not updated anything for fear of having these problems explained herein. It's unbelievable that this issue still exists some 578 posts and 8 months later! If this is how Adobe responds, how can anyone possibly depend on them by going the CC route? My CS6 versions will have to last a few years and then I will explore the options. There is no way I want to be cornered into an ongoing monthly subscription forever! I hope the marketplace fills the void with alternative software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen, my thoughts exactly. How are we supposed to trust to give them money every month when they can't be bothered to fix an issue this fundamental to software we've already paid dearly for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the issues in this area WERE solved months ago, with updates to Photoshop and the Adobe Application Manager (make sure you have downloaded ALL the updates).

There are some remaining problems on Windows (again, most were solved with updates), and a handful of cases that we have not been able to reproduce or get enough information on to find a cause.

Random griping is not going to get anything solved.

Specific information about what OS version you are running, along with what version of Photoshop and AAM you are using can help.  Then we can have the activation team contact the people who still have problems after installing all the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude. You're clearly not paying attention. These people have tried, and tried, and supplied information, and done as you suggest, and still the problem happens. The griping isn't random - if Adobe were interested in fixing this problem you wouldn't be looking at 15 pages of this going on for months and months. And they certainly wouldn't be met with an incredulous "support" team on the phone acting like this is the first time they've heard of the issue.

In my case, the only fix I could find was a complete wipe and reinstallation of the OS and all of the software on the machine before the licensing issue would go away. Support was of zero help - they treated me like I was trying to scam them out of a machine license or something.

At minimum Adobe should have an alternative or fallback method of licensing the product that is reliable for the few remaining paid customers (I feel like I need to emphasize that) that are affected by this bug.

I could go on about other unresolved bugs in this product but I have a suspicion they will also fall on similarly deaf ears.

Anyway, my suggestion to everyone affected is take Chris at his word, and post complete system information (OS version, Adobe Application Manager version, CS6 or CC version) in this forum. Lets have a look at what this "resolved" issue looks like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are paying attention, but most of the people calling support about this issue haven't installed the updates that fix the problem.

Most of this discussion in this topic came before the fixes were posted, and most of the reponses after have been from people who haven't installed updates or tried the solutions given.

There are remaining problems - but it's not easy to sort out the real problems for all the noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true. 

I couldn't install the latest CC update. That is the entire problem. I got an error. 

And when I attempted to implement the "solution" (renaming the ap support folder) I then get the license error.

Finally I figured it out on my own - which basically meant un-installing and re-installing all of CC (on five machines).  Not a productive use of my time.

The issue is this: We are all basically forced to pay premium prices - now essentially endless rental rates - for marginal software enhancements nobody asks for, buggy installs, endless updates, and worseining customer service.  The ONLY thing you had going for you was customer service. And now that is... well it's terrible.  We're left to help eachother and fend for ourselves.

Lastely: Accusing your customer base of gripping is just icing on the cake for those looking for a way to tranisition to cheaper/better alternatives. And those alternative are almost there.

I've been an Adobe customer for over 20 years. I know what you used to be.  I've literally purchased hundreds of thousands of dollars of Adobe software in that time. Now every day we start our machines we look at your logo as a representation of an arrogant monopoly with software more trouble than it's worth that we can't wait to find a way to free from. Is that what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had commented already, but since I used another company name in an analogy, I was censured and my comment never made this thread.

I had always purchased and updated Photoshop because I needed to keep current in the teaching profession. However, with CS6, there is more than I need, now that I'm retired. I would have continued to purchase CS7,8,9,10 had Adobe continued with selling of hard copies. I prefer to have a hard copy in case I needed to uninstall and reinstall or update my computer.

However, to have to rent (lease) a software and never own or have a copy is not to my liking or needs.

Photoshop  has become the # 1 company in its field, but there is only so much it can do vis-a-vis image enhancement.. It's like the company that improved its razor product (no company names mentioned this time) with 3, 4 and 5 blades only to be copied by its competitor. Eventually, you can only improve so much. That company eventually sold itself. I don't buy from "that company" anymore because they seldom have sales, and the competitor is just as good or even better. The new owner of the razor company simply seems to rest on its laurels and assume that its clients will always be there.

I don't know if the competition will be able to compete with Photoshop, or if some mega-sotware company will start up. And as far as Adobe goes,I feel that Adobe will simply rely on its clientele who have to use it s products and can afford to lease. As for the others (myself included), I don't think Adobe cares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stacey, I agree. I'm a semi-retired professional graphic designer. I will not subscribe a never-ending CC option. I still don't understand why the issue that started this thread is not resolved after all these complaints. How can Adobe expect to generate confidence in their users if we don't own the software?

I've also noticed several posts have been removed. Including my question today as to "Who edited that post?" has been removed. Why is this forum being edited? The technical issue is one matter, but it is intrinsically linked to whether users continue to support a company that is not responding to legitimate complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admins frequently remove seriously off topic chatter, as well as posts that are in violation of the forum rules, especially when flagged by other users.

Please stick to the topic, and keep it clean.

Anyway, we are trying to escalate this and get the right people to follow up on the investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

My reply wasn't chatter, however, I did use a name of a company, and I figured that's what had my comment removed. I know it must be frustrating to have a job such as yours when this "issue" with CS6 had migrated to the CS "cloud". As far as forums go, there are other companies (e.g. a major search engine and blog company - no names used) that also remove comments. Sometimes these questions aren't even against the rules, but raise serious "concerns", that  appear not to want to be addressed.

Anyway, to all the staff and people such as Noel who have to "slog it out" - every day keep up the good work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gang,

The activation team has a potential fix for customers running Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 64-bit who are experiencing this issue: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html.

If you are running Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 64-bit and are affected by Photoshop not remembering its activated state and would be willing to help us verify this fix, please let me know so I can add you to our prerelease program.

If you are a Mac user or a Windows 7/8 32-bit OS customer, the following solution should correct the problem:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/trial-screen-displays-you-open.html

Please verify you have the updates installed: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html#verifyversion

If you have the latest updates installed and verified and you're still having an issue, let me know so I can have a support person work directly with you.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey

I'm not terribly adept at digging behind the user interface, but I would certainly be willing to help find a fix.

My system info (excluding serial number!) is as follows ... you'll see I'm just using, (or not using) the bare photoshiop installation:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00) x64
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 4
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3395 MHz
Built-in memory: 16347 MB
Free memory: 12976 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 14715 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 60 %
Image tile size: 128K
Image cache levels: 4
OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.
OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced
OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.
OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.
OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.
Video Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Video Card Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7770
Display: 1
Display Bounds:=  top: 0, left: 0, bottom: 1080, right: 1920
Video Card Number: 1
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7770
OpenCL Unavailable
Driver Version: 8.932.5.3000
Driver Date: 20120120000000.000000-000
Video Card Driver: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Video Mode: 1920 x 1080 x 4294967296 colors
Video Card Caption: AMD Radeon HD 7770
Video Card Memory: 2048 MB
Video Rect Texture Size: 16384
Serial number: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\
Temporary file path: C:\Users\Kirsty\AppData\Local\Temp\
Photoshop scratch has async I/O enabled
Scratch volume(s):
  Startup, 220.2G, 131.4G free
Required Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Required\
Primary Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\
Additional Plug-ins folder: not set

Installed components:
   A3DLIBS.dll   A3DLIB Dynamic Link Library   9.2.0.112  
   ACE.dll   ACE 2012/06/05-15:16:32   66.507768   66.507768
   adbeape.dll   Adobe APE 2012/01/25-10:04:55   66.1025012   66.1025012
   AdobeLinguistic.dll   Adobe Linguisitc Library   6.0.0  
   AdobeOwl.dll   Adobe Owl 2012/06/26-12:17:19   4.0.95   66.510504
   AdobePDFL.dll   PDFL 2011/12/12-16:12:37   66.419471   66.419471
   AdobePIP.dll   Adobe Product Improvement Program   6.0.0.1654  
   AdobeXMP.dll   Adobe XMP Core 2012/02/06-14:56:27   66.145661   66.145661
   AdobeXMPFiles.dll   Adobe XMP Files 2012/02/06-14:56:27   66.145661   66.145661
   AdobeXMPScript.dll   Adobe XMP Script 2012/02/06-14:56:27   66.145661   66.145661
   adobe_caps.dll   Adobe CAPS   6,0,29,0  
   AGM.dll   AGM 2012/06/05-15:16:32   66.507768   66.507768
   ahclient.dll    AdobeHelp Dynamic Link Library   1,7,0,56  
   aif_core.dll   AIF   3.0   62.490293
   aif_ocl.dll   AIF   3.0   62.490293
   aif_ogl.dll   AIF   3.0   62.490293
   amtlib.dll   AMTLib (64 Bit)   6.0.0.75 (BuildVersion: 6.0; BuildDate: Mon Jan 16 2012 18:00:00)   1.000000
   ARE.dll   ARE 2012/06/05-15:16:32   66.507768   66.507768
   AXE8SharedExpat.dll   AXE8SharedExpat 2011/12/16-15:10:49   66.26830   66.26830
   AXEDOMCore.dll   AXEDOMCore 2011/12/16-15:10:49   66.26830   66.26830
   Bib.dll   BIB 2012/06/05-15:16:32   66.507768   66.507768
   BIBUtils.dll   BIBUtils 2012/06/05-15:16:32   66.507768   66.507768
   boost_date_time.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   boost_signals.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   boost_system.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   boost_threads.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   cg.dll   NVIDIA Cg Runtime   3.0.00007  
   cgGL.dll   NVIDIA Cg Runtime   3.0.00007  
   CIT.dll   Adobe CIT   2.0.5.19287   2.0.5.19287
   CoolType.dll   CoolType 2012/06/05-15:16:32   66.507768   66.507768
   data_flow.dll   AIF   3.0   62.490293
   dvaaudiodevice.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   dvacore.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   dvamarshal.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   dvamediatypes.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   dvaplayer.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   dvatransport.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   dvaunittesting.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   dynamiclink.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   ExtendScript.dll   ExtendScript 2011/12/14-15:08:46   66.490082   66.490082
   FileInfo.dll   Adobe XMP FileInfo 2012/01/17-15:11:19   66.145433   66.145433
   filter_graph.dll   AIF   3.0   62.490293
   hydra_filters.dll   AIF   3.0   62.490293
   icucnv40.dll   International Components for Unicode 2011/11/15-16:30:22    Build gtlib_3.0.16615  
   icudt40.dll   International Components for Unicode 2011/11/15-16:30:22    Build gtlib_3.0.16615  
   image_compiler.dll   AIF   3.0   62.490293
   image_flow.dll   AIF   3.0   62.490293
   image_runtime.dll   AIF   3.0   62.490293
   JP2KLib.dll   JP2KLib 2011/12/12-16:12:37   66.236923   66.236923
   libifcoremd.dll   Intel(r) Visual Fortran Compiler   10.0 (Update A)  
   libmmd.dll   Intel(r) C Compiler, Intel(r) C++ Compiler, Intel(r) Fortran Compiler   10.0  
   LogSession.dll   LogSession   2.1.2.1640  
   mediacoreif.dll   DVA Product   6.0.0  
   MPS.dll   MPS 2012/02/03-10:33:13   66.495174   66.495174
   msvcm80.dll   Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005   8.00.50727.6195  
   msvcm90.dll   Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2008   9.00.30729.1  
   msvcp100.dll   Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010   10.00.40219.1  
   msvcp80.dll   Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005   8.00.50727.6195  
   msvcp90.dll   Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2008   9.00.30729.1  
   msvcr100.dll   Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010   10.00.40219.1  
   msvcr80.dll   Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005   8.00.50727.6195  
   msvcr90.dll   Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2008   9.00.30729.1  
   pdfsettings.dll   Adobe PDFSettings   1.04  
   Photoshop.dll   Adobe Photoshop CS6   CS6  
   Plugin.dll   Adobe Photoshop CS6   CS6  
   PlugPlug.dll   Adobe(R) CSXS PlugPlug Standard Dll (64 bit)   3.0.0.383  
   PSArt.dll   Adobe Photoshop CS6   CS6  
   PSViews.dll   Adobe Photoshop CS6   CS6  
   SCCore.dll   ScCore 2011/12/14-15:08:46   66.490082   66.490082
   ScriptUIFlex.dll   ScriptUIFlex 2011/12/14-15:08:46   66.490082   66.490082
   tbb.dll   Intel(R) Threading Building Blocks for Windows   3, 0, 2010, 0406  
   tbbmalloc.dll   Intel(R) Threading Building Blocks for Windows   3, 0, 2010, 0406  
   TfFontMgr.dll   FontMgr   9.3.0.113  
   TfKernel.dll   Kernel   9.3.0.113  
   TFKGEOM.dll   Kernel Geom   9.3.0.113  
   TFUGEOM.dll   Adobe, UGeom©   9.3.0.113  
   updaternotifications.dll   Adobe Updater Notifications Library   6.0.0.24 (BuildVersion: 1.0; BuildDate: BUILDDATETIME)   6.0.0.24
   WRServices.dll   WRServices Friday January 27 2012 13:22:12   Build 0.17112   0.17112
   wu3d.dll   U3D Writer   9.3.0.113  

Required plug-ins:

Accented Edges 13.0
   Adaptive Wide Angle 13.0
   ADM 3.11x01
   Angled Strokes 13.0
   Average 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Bas Relief 13.0
   BMP 13.0
   Camera Raw 8.1
   Chalk & Charcoal 13.0
   Charcoal 13.0
   Chrome 13.0
   Cineon 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Clouds 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Collada 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Color Halftone 13.0
   Colored Pencil 13.0
   CompuServe GIF 13.0
   Conté Crayon 13.0
   Craquelure 13.0
   Crop and Straighten Photos 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Crop and Straighten Photos Filter 13.0
   Crosshatch 13.0
   Crystallize 13.0
   Cutout 13.0
   Dark Strokes 13.0
   De-Interlace 13.0
   Difference Clouds 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Diffuse Glow 13.0
   Displace 13.0
   Dry Brush 13.0
   Eazel Acquire 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Embed Watermark 4.0
   Extrude 13.0
   FastCore Routines 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Fibers 13.0
   Film Grain 13.0
   Filter Gallery 13.0
   Fresco 13.0
   Glass 13.0
   Glowing Edges 13.0
   Grain 13.0
   Graphic Pen 13.0
   Halftone Pattern 13.0
   HDRMergeUI 13.0
   IFF Format 13.0
   Ink Outlines 13.0
   JPEG 2000 13.0
   Lens Blur 13.0
   Lens Correction 13.0
   Lens Flare 13.0
   Liquify 13.0
   Matlab Operation 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Measurement Core 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Mezzotint 13.0
   MMXCore Routines 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Mosaic Tiles 13.0
   Multiprocessor Support 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Neon Glow 13.0
   Note Paper 13.0
   NTSC Colors 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Ocean Ripple 13.0
   Oil Paint 13.0
   OpenEXR 13.0
   Paint Daubs 13.0
   Palette Knife 13.0
   Patchwork 13.0
   Paths to Illustrator 13.0
   PCX 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Photocopy 13.0
   Photoshop 3D Engine 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Picture Package Filter 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Pinch 13.0
   Pixar 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Plaster 13.0
   Plastic Wrap 13.0
   PNG 13.0
   Pointillize 13.0
   Polar Coordinates 13.0
   Portable Bit Map 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Poster Edges 13.0
   Radial Blur 13.0
   Radiance 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Read Watermark 4.0
   Reticulation 13.0
   Ripple 13.0
   Rough Pastels 13.0
   Save for Web 13.0
   ScriptingSupport 13.0.1
   Shear 13.0
   Smart Blur 13.0
   Smudge Stick 13.0
   Solarize 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Spatter 13.0
   Spherize 13.0
   Sponge 13.0
   Sprayed Strokes 13.0
   Stained Glass 13.0
   Stamp 13.0
   Sumi-e 13.0
   Targa 13.0
   Texturizer 13.0
   Tiles 13.0
   Torn Edges 13.0
   Twirl 13.0
   Underpainting 13.0
   Vanishing Point 13.0
   Variations 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Water Paper 13.0
   Watercolor 13.0
   Wave 13.0
   WIA Support 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   Wind 13.0
   Wireless Bitmap 13.0.1 (13.0.1.2 20130522.r.24 2013/05/22:21:00:00)
   ZigZag 13.0

Optional and third party plug-ins: NONE

Plug-ins that failed to load: NONE
Flash:
   Mini Bridge
   Kuler
Installed TWAIN devices: NONE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your display driver seems quite a bit out of date, Kirsty.  I know that seems like a long way from activation stuff, but a display driver problem can corrupt almost anything.

I suggest, for your ATI card, you use ATI Catalyst 13.4, specifically, available from the AMD web site.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Noel - I'll look at that tomorrow and try an update...too late to engage brain in UK time just now!

Kirsty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsty, sounds like you'd be a great candidate. I'll have our team add you and walk you through what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been waiting to post to allow enough time to see whether or not my CC Photoshop would act up again with the Trial, Sign-in and License Acceptance/Registration popups since installing the update to CC several days ago.  Usually, if there is a fix for CS6 on my Windows 7 64-bit system it only holds for two to three days.

It has now been about 4 days, I believe, since the release of the CC update and so far so good.  For some reason, I have had no further popup problems to date.  I'm going to continue to hold my breath and hope this time it's fixed for good.

Thanks to staff for overseeing this discussion and helping to resolve these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Psychdoc,

Let us know if anything changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrey,

Sorry to have to report that I just updated Photoshop CC with the latest update a day or two ago.  Now when I open the software I am again getting the CC Trial, License Agreement, and Sign-in popups.  All was fine until this latest update to Photoshop.

Any suggestions or recommendations at this point would be most appreciated.

I'm afraid that every time I click on the license the software over and over, Adobe will be ticking away my installs and one of these times my software is not going to work at all.  I only have CC installed on my desktop because I have not been able to trust it's stability to download onto my laptop.

Here are the popups so you can see what happens.

Photoshop CC Trial.JPGSign in Required.JPGAccept License Agmt.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Psychdoc_1,

First, licensing the software won't eat up activations.

Second, I will have someone on the licensing team contact you directly to do some troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

That's certainly good news about the licensing.  And, I'll look forward to hearing from someone re: troubleshooting.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrey, I just wanted to give an update on the popup problem.  Even after I updated Photoshop CC and the CC App indicated that my software was up to date, there was still a red update icon in the upper left corner of the Creative Cloud app whenever I opened it. So I decided to try one more thing ... I logged out of the Creative Cloud. Then I logged back in after a few minutes and the Home page indicated "Your Home Page is Empty."  But when I clicked on the tab to "Install Adobe Apps," it listed Photoshop and Bridge and showed that they were up to date.  Since then, Photoshop seems to be working okay and I have not yet seen a popup.

It has only been a day, so let's see how long this holds.  I'll post in several days to advise the status at that point.

Thanks for continuing to offer your help with these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines