• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop deletes whole layer instead of deleting what's on the layer

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Photoshop on a second computer. I'm using Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.5.0 20220809.r.669 0e07917 x64 here. I'm not at my primary computer to check which version I usually use.

I'm running into an infuriating little bug/feature. When I press Ctrl-A and Delete, Photoshop deletes the layer instead of deleting what's on the layer. Photoshop has never done this before. Always before, it has just deleted what's on the layer, leaving the layer in place for me to continue using it. Now, if I want to erase everything, I have to go and create a new layer whereas before I could just erase and then continue working. I can't find a setting to change this behavior. Can someone please tell me how to restore the previous behavior of deleting what's on the layer instead of deleting the layer itself?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi for this you should check the layers panel then you every single item to delete it or use the move tool to select the item from there turn on auto select that will help you..regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines