• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop document opening up blank but layers are on

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file I created in April of this year and when I open it in the new version of photoshop all the layers are on but the file is blank. I can select items like text but it stays white and the whole canvas remains blank. I have went in to Preferences > Performance > and turned off Use Graphic Processor and restarted Photoshop. It didn't fix the issue. Anyone else having this issue and have a fix?Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 7.33.30 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure all these layers are not placed inside a folder who's visibility is turned off? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Positive. Here is the image shot at the top of the document with the main folder on. I upgraded today to see if that would fix it and it didn't. 😞 Even when I select things on the art board they remain invisible. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 3.28.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe there's a white layer then in one of those folders hiding everything beneath it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem with all my psd's following a recent update. The solution I found was to select the layer Select all ( ctrl A) then Copy + Paste . The contents of what's on that layer are then visible in the new layer. Though everything is now cropped to the edge of the canvas. You also lose any masks and adjustment layers. It's concerning to put it lightly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that such issues are related to "Display native canvas" in Preferences/Technology Previews, or perhaps a GPU or driver related issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 25.4.0 Intel on Mac running Sonoma 14.2.1 — several documents now simply open blank, I can see the channels, layers, duplicate layers etc — but the document window itself is completely blank?!!

wtf!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my previous reply, or the many others in the forum with GPU related display issues and fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines