• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop does not see Pantone Connect plugin

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an enterprise Adobe license and were today surprised to find we cannot use Pantone spot colors as we have in the past. We have purchased an annual subscription to Pantone Connect and installed the Pantone Connect plugin in Adobe Creative Cloud, but is not working in Photoshop. The duotones that use Pantone spot colors are still rendering as black and black. All our Adobe apps seem to be up to date. Can you help us understand what might be wrong?

Windows 10

PS version 23.5

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Contributor , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Hi Jane,

I have the same issue. I have the Pantone Connect plugin is installed, and it's available in InDesign and Illustrator, but not Photoshop. I have tried contacting Pantone support, but have yet to recieve a reply. It's been five days.

I cannot leave a review on the adobe exhange page either. I get a Failed to submit the form error.

It also looks like the app has been withdrawn from the Apple Store. It doesn't come up in the search for my colleagues. So they have now have no access to Pant

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

it's pretty dumb in general.

I never bothered to pay for a membership -- I got the free year (?) when you buy a physical ColorBook.

I remember there being a way to get the specific colour added to the documents swatch library.

There's nothing stopping a person from loading the colour books that came from a previous itteration of Adobe software .... 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Thank you for your assistance - finally found it in a totally different location from the other adobe software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I managed to figure it out, but it's still not real intuitive and doesn't name your color correctly in the Duotone options dialog box. You can also create a new LAB swatch that approximates your PMS color, name it whatever you want, and circumvent Pantone Connect entirely. It will import as a spot color in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the problem I am having using Mac Mini with an M2 chip. It shows on my Macbook in photoshop Extensions but not in my plugins on MacMini both are Photoshop 25.3.1. There is a problem it's having with the M2 chip? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.I have found a workaround that works if you have the full Adobe Suite. Firstly, open Illustrator or InDesign where Pantone Connect works correctly. Then, add Pantone colors to a library. Finally, when you open Photoshop, you can select the Pantone color from the library. This method has worked for me in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue was Pantone Connect on a new Mac Mini M2 chip not showing in Plugins. Go to Applications folder, click on PS and search the dropdown for Open in Rosetta. My "Extensions" then appeared and it was in there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines