• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop does not wat to edit a scanned drawing

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to make adjustments to a pencil drawing in photoshop, for example reducing brightness or contrast, the adjustment is shown in preview, but when clicking 'OK', no changes are made. I only have this problem on a MacBook air and not o

When I make the same adjustments on a photograph, this problem does not occur.

How can I solve this?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind posting a screenshot that includes your full screen or a video demonstrating the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Myra,

See short video attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the same adjustments with the preview at 100% zoom? 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
14 hours ago 14 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

When I try to make this adjustment at 100% zoom, noting is happening at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
13 hours ago 13 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 100% preview, which maps 1 image pixel to 1 screen pixel, is showing the real impact of the adjustment.

If your image is made up of black pixels and white pixels, as might be the case with a scanned line drawing, there is no grey to adjust, so the adjustments you used can have no effect. It can't darken an already black pixel or lighten an already white pixel.

When you zoom out several image pixels are combined together for the preview. So adjacent black and white pixels take on a grey value in the preview. The image adjustment on those grey values can darken or lighten them. However, that is only the preview. When you apply the adjustment it acts on the actual image pixels which, as they are already being black or white, has no effect.

For many images the difference between preview and 100% zoom is minimal. But for images with fine noise ( or fine black and white pixels) the difference can be huge. Always check adjustments at 100% zoom where you are seeing the real effect.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines