Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - Export > layers to files…

Participant ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Every time I use ‘File > Export > layers to files…’ unlike other situations and options, Photoshop never remembers the last used path and I have to constantly do this manually.
Does it happen to anyone else?
I can't find anything that changes that either in the Export Preferences…

Photoshop 23.4.2 and Apple M1 macOS 12.5

Thank you so much.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

https://github.com/MarshySwamp/Export-Layers-To-Files-Last-Location

To set the save path to be remembered, hold down the SHIFT key when running the script. Run the script a second time without the shift key depressed to use the saved location. If the save location is not explicitly set, the default location will be the active document path (as per the standard script). Unsaved source files will default to a blank save location (as per the standard script).

Or

https://github.com/MarshySwamp/Export-Layers-To-Files-Last-Location-2-Part

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

@PNog 

I believe that there may be a misunderstanding. I have updated the repos and read me info:

Export Layers to Files - Last Location

To set the save path to be remembered, hold down the SHIFT key when running the script. The shift modifier key is only required to be run to set a new default save path. If the save location doesn't need to be changed, then the script only needs to be run without the shift key to continue to use the previously saved file path.

Run the script without the s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PNog – the Export Layers to Files command runs a script, so this would need to be programmed into the script. You are not the first person to ask for this, I modified the original Adobe script. I'll dig up the link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://github.com/MarshySwamp/Export-Layers-To-Files-Last-Location

To set the save path to be remembered, hold down the SHIFT key when running the script. Run the script a second time without the shift key depressed to use the saved location. If the save location is not explicitly set, the default location will be the active document path (as per the standard script). Unsaved source files will default to a blank save location (as per the standard script).

Or

https://github.com/MarshySwamp/Export-Layers-To-Files-Last-Location-2-Part

A two part version of the original “Export Layers To Files - Last Location" script

github.png

More info on saving scripts here:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

You will need to backup and remove the original Adobe script so that it does not appear twice:

Mac:

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Presets/Scripts/

Win:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Presets\Scripts\

The custom script that you download will need to go in the same location as the original script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stephen,
Thank you so much for such a detailed answer but unfortunately it's a solution that doesn't work for me because I may need to export a dozen times to the same folder, but the next day it will be a new folder again. It's for photos that I keep in different folders depending on the day. I would have to spend all the time running scripts.
Best regards,
Pedro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@PNog 

I believe that there may be a misunderstanding. I have updated the repos and read me info:

Export Layers to Files - Last Location

To set the save path to be remembered, hold down the SHIFT key when running the script. The shift modifier key is only required to be run to set a new default save path. If the save location doesn't need to be changed, then the script only needs to be run without the shift key to continue to use the previously saved file path.

Run the script without the shift key depressed to use the saved location. If the save location is not explicitly set, the default location will be the active document path (as per the standard script). Unsaved source files will default to a blank save location (as per the standard script).

Export Layers To Files - Last Location (2 Part)

A two-part version of the original “Export Layers To Files - Last Location" script. The "1 of 2" script is only required to be run to set a new default save path. If the save location doesn't need to be changed, then the "2 of 2" script only needs to be run to continue to use the previously saved file path.

If the save location is not explicitly set, the default location will be the active document path (as per the standard script). Unsaved source files will default to a blank save location (as per the standard script).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines