• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop failed to exit / enter Transform mode

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing some quick changes to the layers with Edit -> Free Transform (Ctrl + T), and after several repeats (I used Ctrl + T several times on different layers in a few seconds) in Photoshop is stuck in Transform mode and does not allow me to exit Transform mode, even after I press ESC, quit the software, or even update it. I had to reinstall the whole program and clear all my settings for it to come back to life.

Just one day later, I was doing something similar, and this time Photoshop first stopped me from "nudging" (use keyboard arrow in transform mode) a text layer, warning me nudging is not available until the text is rasterized, and then the software stopped letting me Transform any layer, and then... the software just crashed.

Has anyone encountered any similar problem? Is it a Transform bug, or is it just me doing transforms to rapidly?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

@Joey-C wrote:

Photoshop is stuck in Transform mode and does not allow me to exit Transform mode

Can you check to see if "Show Transform Controls" is checked in the options bar for the Move tool? If so, uncheck it.

A83A65C6-EE9C-4A74-9007-E2BCB04A5237.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Go to Photoshop Preferences/General and click the reset upon quit button.

If that does not resolve, go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste your details here.

That will help determine a cause and possible solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joey-C wrote:

Photoshop is stuck in Transform mode and does not allow me to exit Transform mode

Can you check to see if "Show Transform Controls" is checked in the options bar for the Move tool? If so, uncheck it.

A83A65C6-EE9C-4A74-9007-E2BCB04A5237.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply. I never noticed this setting here. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines