Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop filter page is white. Can't see preview

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

When I go to the filter tab my screen comes up white and I can't see anything.

When I command a type of filter it does apply but I can't see it before hand so I'm going in blind, unable to correctly edit.

Any suggestions on what's wrong? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what OS version you are using?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using cc 2019.
Everything was fine a month ago but sadly the problem now won't go away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks James, but I was asking about your OS (Operating System). i.e. Ventura, Sonoma...

You could try deactivating Native Canvas in Preferences.  It has been fixing any number of display related issues.

Deactivate Native Canvas.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor for your reply

I'm using sonama 14.2.1

I'll look into deactivating native canvas

Fingers crossed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing a white screen when accessing the Filter tab in Photoshop can be frustrating. Here are some suggestions to troubleshoot and address the issue:

1. Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated or incompatible drivers can sometimes cause display issues in graphic-intensive applications like Photoshop.

2. Reset Preferences: Try resetting Photoshop preferences. Hold down Alt + Ctrl + Shift (Windows) or Option + Command + Shift (Mac) while starting Photoshop. This will prompt you to delete the current settings. Make sure to save any custom presets or settings before doing this.

3. Check for Software Updates: Ensure that you are using the latest version of Photoshop. Check for updates through the Creative Cloud application and install any available updates.

4. Disable Graphics Acceleration: In Photoshop, go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Performance" (Windows) or "Photoshop" > "Preferences" > "Performance" (Mac). Uncheck the box next to "Use Graphics Processor" to disable graphics acceleration and see if the issue persists.

5. Test with a New Document: Create a new document and check if the issue persists. This can help determine whether the problem is specific to the current document or a more general software issue.

6. Adjust Display Settings: Check your display settings, especially if you are using multiple monitors. Ensure that your monitor resolution and color settings are configured correctly.

7. Temporary Workaround: As a temporary solution, you can try working in Outline mode. Press Ctrl + Y (Windows) or Command + Y (Mac) to toggle between Preview mode and Outline mode. In Outline mode, you can see the filter effects without the visual representation.

8. Contact Adobe Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, consider reaching out to Adobe Support. They may be able to provide more specific assistance based on your system configuration and the nature of the problem.

Remember to save your work before making significant changes to settings or preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most likely you'll need to update to the most recent photoshop version 2024.

In photoshop go to Help>Updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines