• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop for IPad - Import multiple images from camera roll at one time.

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop on my IPad Pro.    I have about 30 images in my camera roll I want to edit.

I have a folder in photoshop workspace area where I want to import the photos to.

When I select the "import and open" option in the bottom left of the screen I can select only one image at a time.

There is no option or method I can find to multi-select the images.

I guess I can import the image into the Photoshop storage area using my MacBook, then let them sync to the iPad.   But I want to use the iPad for editing when traveling and this is one of the work flow process I need to solve.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Thanks for the information.

In the end for the current project I am working on I uploaded the files via the MacOS app.   Was still a bit of a chore but got it done.

The Cloud storage is a total mess.  I get the impression that each app created their own online file storage system and then Adobe tried to combine them into one thing.   Why the storage is not one bucket is very strange.  It's very frustrating when I upload a file from Lightroom or Photoshop and then I am unable to see that image in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Oops…edited my message because I originally replied about the wrong app)

The iPad version of Photoshop doesn’t offer a way to select multiple images to open, because unlike the Mac and Windows versions of Photoshop, the iPad version can open only one document at a time.

If by “folder” you mean you created a folder in the iOS Files app that you want to use with Photoshop, then this is how I would solve it. In Apple Photos, select the 30 images you want to use in Photoshop. Tap the Share icon, then tap Save to Files. Navigate to the folder you made for Photoshop in the Files app, and tap Save. Photos saves copies of the 30 files to that folder. Then in Photoshop, you can easily get to that folder from the Import and Open menu by tapping Files instead of Photos.

Note that after you open any local file in Photoshop on iPad, Photoshop will automatically upload and start working from a copy it makes in Photoshop Cloud Document format. So when you save changes, the changes will be saved to the Photoshop Cloud Document, not the local file in the Files app.

The only way to save Photoshop changes locally to the iPad is to tap Share, tap Publish and Export, and Save to Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information.

In the end for the current project I am working on I uploaded the files via the MacOS app.   Was still a bit of a chore but got it done.

The Cloud storage is a total mess.  I get the impression that each app created their own online file storage system and then Adobe tried to combine them into one thing.   Why the storage is not one bucket is very strange.  It's very frustrating when I upload a file from Lightroom or Photoshop and then I am unable to see that image in either of the other apps.

After using OneDrive for years where any file is accessible by any OneDrive-enabled app.  The Adobe Cloud access gets very annoying.   I hope once the AI buzz dies down Adobe focus there efforts on there storage system and just make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines