Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes at launch, iMac unresponsive & loses Bluetooth connectivity

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For the past couple of months I have been having severe performance issues with Photoshop.

It freezes at launch, even without opening any files and during that frozen state my iMac loses Bluetooth connectivity to both my mouse and my keyboard. Also, the cursor is showing the loading “beach ball” and all my other opened windows/applications become unresponsive as well. This frozen state lasts anywhere between 5 to 20 minutes. Sometimes it even makes my iMac restart on its own.

This ONLY happens with Photoshop, all the other programs (InDesign, Illustrator and so on) run perfectly with zero issues even with very large files.

I suspect this problem began because of a recent Photoshop update and it carried on to the following updates as well because in the past I have never had any issues running it. My Photoshop is always up to date (currently 2023 version) as well as my iMac (currently running macOS Ventura 13.0).

Below are my iMac specifications, although I am certain that the issue is with Photoshop because, as I mentioned, all the other Adobe CC programs run very smoothly.

Processor: 3,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Graphics: Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Memory: 24 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

macOS: Ventura 13.0

I need to use Photoshop daily and this issue makes me unable to get any work done. Help is immensely appreciated, this situation is beyond ridiculous.

Things I have already tried:

- uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop

- reset preferences

- increased memory allocation to 80%

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

I see you've reset the preferences.

However, there are more than one way to do this - on the off chance can you please look through here

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Also

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

I followed the instructions to MANUALLY remove preferences provided in the first link and I think it actually worked! Photoshop seems to be back to running smoothly! I cannot thank you enough, this is a true life saver! I really appreciate your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you've reset the preferences.

However, there are more than one way to do this - on the off chance can you please look through here

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Also

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions to MANUALLY remove preferences provided in the first link and I think it actually worked! Photoshop seems to be back to running smoothly! I cannot thank you enough, this is a true life saver! I really appreciate your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem - glad it was helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines