• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes when zooming and dragging canvas - iMac 2013 MAJOR ISSUE!

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue where my canvas freezes when I zoom in or drag the canvas, and it remains stuck on the screen. I can move the canvas normally but I cant move anything or interact. No layers, no tools or buttons do anything.

Mac user, late 2013 model. Im updated to the latest versions and such. 

Ive posted already here about it on a similar thread with the same issue but im fed up now. Had the problem for a while. The other day I was trying to cut out an image (very small file) and every minute or so it freezes so I have to reopen the file. So file size doesnt effect it. Zooming, moving and dragging the screen around seems to make it happen and on a frequent basis.

Ive already been advised to turn off the graphics card which isn't a cure as it still happens after this and this should never be a cure as its horrible to work in with it deactivated. I have also been advised to turn Legacy Compositing on or off which was turned off so I tried turning it on and closed and reopended PS. I then get a ghost version of whatever I move left in its place. So if I move a box for example there is a duplicate box still in the origional place but I cant delete it or move as if it where a ghost image of the origional. So this is not the answer.

I have friends with the same issue and also read other posts and complaints about it so its wide spread. Whats going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people!

I have many problems with Photoshop with versions from 21 and above. I installed Photoshop 21.2.4, and I have issues with PS with Wacom Intuos 2019. Photoshop has freezes after 5 minutes if I use Wacom and shortcuts such as spacebar or zoom.

I have solved the problem (for myself): I installed PS version 20.0.10, and I don't have any issues with PS except with Wacom Intuos 2019.

Good luck!
Best Regards,
Zoran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And its still happening in the new, major update 22.0.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling "flick panning" under preferences/tools seems to work for a few people - including me so far.

Its worth a try until a better solution comes along.

All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue prior to the most recent update but it wasnt too frequent. Did the update and now its happening every 20 minutes. WTF adobe? There are multiple threads about this issue and all you are saying is to turn off GPU acceleration and mark the issue fixed. 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12-core processor

64GB ram

GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had success unchecking "enable flick panning" in the tools preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had success unchecking "enable flick panning" in the tools
preferences.

*JONATHAN URBAN*

Senior Photographer

*L*ACM*A*

T: 323 932 5807

E: jurban@lacma.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This on the face of it appears to be working for me. Was working with a really high res image earlier today and it was freezing every 5 mins. I read up and carried out your advice and since doing that it has been fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Is there any solution? Disabling animated zoom did not work here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems that problem got to happen again in this recent update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem persists in the last update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uncheck "enable flick panning" in the tools
preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked!
Now it's time for the Adobe team to finally solve this problem. It's
unacceptable having to turn off a resource for software to work.

*--Adelson Tavares - *

*2D Artist*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines