Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes whenever opening first file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am having this strange issue, that PS is freezing whenever i open the first file up. 

The issue takes place whenever i open the first file up after opening Photoshop. If I close PS and open it up again, the same thing happens with the next file i try to open. It freezes. Then comes back. Then within the next minute freezes again. This repeats for 3-4 times. Then running completely smooth after that.

I just updated PS in the hopes that this would help, but the problem still persists. 
Current PS is 23.0. The issue was also there with 22.5.2 and previous versions. (i am not sure how far it goes back). I have tried PSDs, PNGs, JPGs, TIFFs. All with the same result. 

I have completely uninstalled PS, deleting all preferences and reinstalled without fixing the issue. 

PS has worked in the past. But this has been a problem for at least a couple of months now. 

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core 3.80 GHz
Memory: 32 GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new Admin user and run Photoshop from there, does it launch and open files correctly? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#permissions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seemed to work as it should on the new Admin user.

However the old user, where the problem is, is also an Admin user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again,

Is there a possible solution for the current user, so I don't have to have a separate user for my computer just to use Photoshop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue ever since I did the update yesterday...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines