• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezing while using tools

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm learning photoshop and was doing something today and suddenly the left hand tool bar with all the lasso, magic wand etc suddenly condensed to only a few things and I can't click anything on any of the drop down tabs ie file, view, image etc. Also can't click search or even the cross to exit. Any help much appreciated. 

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Thank you for your reply. I've resolved the issue by forcing a stop (control, although, delete) I had to do this as even the cross to close it wasn't working. I then restarted and it all went back to normal layout. Luckily the piece I was working on was still there. I think it happened when I was adding a layer mask after I clicked select and mask in the top panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the freezing issue seen in Photoshop. We're here to help.

What are your Photoshop version and system specifications? Does it seem to freeze at random or after a particular action?

Did you try any troubleshooting steps? Is it the Tools panel that get's freezed or the entire screen. 

Go to Photoshop's Preferences > Performance and uncheck Use Graphics Processor and restart Photoshop.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I've resolved the issue by forcing a stop (control, although, delete) I had to do this as even the cross to close it wasn't working. I then restarted and it all went back to normal layout. Luckily the piece I was working on was still there. I think it happened when I was adding a layer mask after I clicked select and mask in the top panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that it's working fine now. Feel free to reach out whenever needed. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES HAd THIS PROBLEM HAD TO RESTART PHOTOSHOP...  why does all adobe app have quirks and hang upss crashes out of the blue.. the excuse is oh not enough ram..blah blah blah... nope. I have 200 gigs of ram.. not even doing anythhing complicated!   I wish there was a real replacement for all of adobe apps.. cant wait to stop paying for this crap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When i uncheck Use Graphics Processor, i can't zoom in and out by ctrl + space + drag. Can anything help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines