• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop gets stuck in Type Tool

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second time this has happened to me this week. Both time I had clicked on a text box with the type tool to edit the text, did Cmd A and Cmd C to copy the text, then hit Esc (I have it set to cancel the changes on Esc). But it doesn't cancel the changes and the text box is still live, I can still type inside the text box, I can't select any other tool in the toolbox (when I try, the entire toolbox goes blank), I can't select any other layer, clicking on the Check Mark or Cancel button at the top tool bar does nothing, and Cmd Return does nothing.

Both times this happened I had to Force Quit Photoshop but I'm hoping someone out there might have a fix for this for the future.

Here's what I'm running:

Photoshop CC 2017.0.1

MacBook Pro (13in Retina, early 2015)

macOS Sierra 10.12.3

2.7 Intel Core i5

8GB Ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

You can reset the Type Tool by right-clicking on its icon in the option bar at the top.

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 2.54.12 PM.png

If that fails, reset preferences.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also started encountering this problem, and none of the remedies presented here have worked. Photoshop hangs if I try to use the type tool, or whenever i try to exit it. I have to kill its process in both cases. Reinstalling Adobe CC and PS, cleaning registry, resetting settings and cache/settings directories, nothing seems to fix this issue. It practically renders PS unusable when having to do anything with fonts. My system is the latest stable channel Win 10 and the problem manifests on two individual computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THE CORRECT ANSWER:

Press CMD + W to close the window. It will close and ask you to save, but will also then bring you through all the actions you attempted to do during the freeze, so watch out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines