• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop [How to save a JPG with a transparent background?]

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I have erased an image background, I save it as a .jpeg and it doesn't have the transparent background. How do I save this image as a .jpeg that has the transparent background?

All thoughts and advice appreciated,

thanks Darren.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

You cannot. JPG does not do transparency.

Save it as a PNG instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot. JPG does not do transparency.

Save it as a PNG instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

.jpeg don't use transparency, you need to save as .png (select PNG 24 with transparency)

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or a GIF, but PNG is better unless you want to animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are right you have to save it as a PNG.

I share my work on Redbubble and Zazzle..... so in order to make it where it has a clear background I have it as  PNG.

Thought this article might help you....

GIF vs. JPG vs. PNG | What's the Difference? | Digital Trends

But there are other article that you can look up that go into even greater detail.  This way you know when to save an image in different format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i know this is an old thread, but i just found this image, it's a jpeg format, but if you download it and open it on anything with black or colored background or you can right click and choose "open image in new tab" if you're using chrome, you'll see some magic, i just wondering how to make this kind of file, i believe there's some kind of transparency in it, just can't open it on PS, oh BTW i got this from web.whatsapp.com

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-18 at 21.58.02 - Copy.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it's a png. When you open it with an editor you see in the head that's a png. It is  only named "WhatsApp+Image+2018-10-18+at+21.58.02+-+Copy.jpeg". If you work with a system that always shows you the korrekt ending it's "WhatsApp+Image+2018-10-18+at+21.58.02+-+Copy.jpeg.png"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what kind of editor? i mean i tried to make one, but everytime i saved it as PNG it won't do the trick, how do i make the extension as JPEG while it's a PNG instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image that you uploaded looks like an jpeg but is an png.

You can make one like this when you save it as a png. Then you change the name by adding the ending ".jpeg" – eh voila – magic transparent jpeg.

But I would not recommend it. It causes often trouble and it's just make up, it dosen't change the data at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's what I did while I was in class today, but now that I try to recreate it in my second class, it wouldn't work:

1.) Using the magic wand, I deleted the green background of the flower and then saved it as a .jpg.

2.) I tried to do it again but wasn't able to replicate, so the two files on the black background shows the .jpg saved again, but wouldn't create transparency. 

I understand you can create transparency using the path tool, but that's not what I did in this case - it was a total accident and I'm trying to understand if this was a glitch? Or?

I trie to do it again and was not able to achieve the same transparencyI trie to do it again and was not able to achieve the same transparencyFirst flower was saved as .jpg after I used the magic wand to delete the green background.First flower was saved as .jpg after I used the magic wand to delete the green background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines