• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop Image Processor Pro distorting images

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H I am using Image Processor Pro in Photoshop20.0.1, MacOs Mojave.

I am converting a folder of pdf files into jpg.

For some reason image processor completely distorts the images I am trying to convert.  This is the original image:

Screen+Shot+2018-11-14+at+16.51.18.png

Whether or not I click onto resize image, it keeps converting them into this super weird shape (isn't it not supposed to distort the proportions anyway?):

Screen+Shot+2018-11-14+at+16.51.23.png

I have tried different pdf files from different sources and this happens to all of them. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you including any Actions in you Image Processor Pro runs?  I never Process PDF files with  Photoshop, Does the same distortion happen with Jpeg files?  It look like the image is being resized in an unconstrained way and is enlarged in height but not the width.  As far as I know  Image processors resize is constrained  the image width and height will both be resized the same percentage,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's the thing - I am not including any actions. I just tried running a jpg into a psd and it works ok, so thin only happens to all my pdf files.

Also if I do include any actions, the whole thing stops working and give me the following message:

Screenshot 2018-11-30 at 09.29.33.png

If I first process the files, save them and then do the action separately - it works, but if I include the same action into the image processor everything breaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo, as said in your other discussion, we can't tell until we know the steps applied in the action.

Is it a single-page PDF, do you have the fonts of said PDF in your computer, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a single-page pdf with standard fonts, nothing out of the ordinary. When I process them one by one there are no problems but only through image processor they get distorted. Somehow after restarting photoshop several times without changing any settings it stopped distorting them and then started again. And I changed absolutely nothing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip! I installed it and tried processing my files with it but it works really inconsistently. I tried processing the same folder several times and first it stopped after eight files ignoring all the rest in the folder, then when I split it into smaller sub-folders it was sometimes going through all of them but sometimes randomly stopping in the middle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that works for me. When you Open a PDF in Photoshop, you will have an options menu pop-up. Make sure that you have the check-box filled in next to "Constrain Proportions". This will then change the default for each PDF opened by Image Processor. Leaving this check-box empty will cause Image Processor to resize every PDF in the designated folder to match the resolution of the first PDF that it opens.

I hope this helps anyone else having this problem

This solution was for Photoshop CC 2019 (v20.0.4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip, can anyone affected provide feedback in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works only if you open them one by one, however if you run a whole folder of several thousand images you have to open them manually and go through this step, which goes against the whole idea of automating the process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image Processor Pro is designed to work with Image files..

PDF stands for "portable document format". It was introduced to ease the sharing of documents between computers and across operating system platforms when you need to save files that cannot be modified but still need to be easily shared and printed.

PDF file formats vary some open in Photoshop like image files other are Imported into Photoshop by some importing process which can constrain or distort portable document pages.   IMO you would be better off processing Image files like Camera RAW files, and standard Tiff and Jpeg image file formats as well as Photoshop's native Image format PSD and PSB.  IMO using PDF files formats for storing you image assets in not something you should be doing.  Create PDF when you are ready to publish your work. Your finished output that can not be modified.

Have you tried using Image Processor Pro with Images files none Portable Document Formats?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't need need to do this for each doc, and I had over 400 PDF's that I needed to process. I just opened one PDF, not using Image Processor, and clicked the checkbox. After that, I closed the PDF and then ran the Image Processor. Basically, you are setting a default for Photoshop for when you import a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are all your PDF and all only contain a single page you wrote may work for you.  If they are not your PDF the may have different page size and number of Pages.  I find the Photoshop will open some PDF like layered Image files where other PDF instead are Imported as  pages as multiple documents.  However the Import  will often automate as an import of a single first page document. I would not try to batch process PDF with Photoshop.  Paul I believe has a PDF Processor script ib the web.

https://www.google.com/search?q=PDF+Processor+script&oq=PDF+Processor+script&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.107...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would mark this (devini7's answer) as an answer... I opened one pdf, checked the Constrain Proportions, then closed Ps (not saving pdf) and then ran image processor on the pdfs I wanted to make into jpegs and they resulted in proportionally correct imgs of the pdfs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me as well, thank you! Opened one PDF manually, checked constrain proportions, then closed the PDF and re-ran imageProcessor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I second this. I was running into the same issue and this solution worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ROCK! 

This was driving me nuts! It was working perfectly on my home mac, but for some reason started distorting on my work mac. Great fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, beware of the undocumented issue of rasterizing greater than 32000 pixels wide or high will distort the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines