Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Image sequence render issue

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[a re-post as I didn't get an answer and now can post more specifically]

I have a series of 93 PNG files. I loaded them into Photoshop. Later I wanted to render them out. As shown, I chose the 24fps option, as that was the frame rate of the 93 files previously and what I need.

However, only 73 PNGs are output, not 93. Interestingly 73 / 93=80%, which also equals 24fps/30fps. Seems more than a coincidence.

I tried again with another series, and again, only 80% of the total number of PNGsscreen.jpg were output.

If I output using the Export Layers to Files (under Scripts) all PNGs are output. That process tho takes 45 minutes for 93 files.

Any idea why PS is not rendering all my layer/PNGs?

Thanks.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound right, as only 80% of the png's export, could you please try setting the frequency to 1 image per second and let us know how it goes?

Also, please let us know the version of Photoshop and operating system you're working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t seem to have set a duration for the frames in the Timeline Panel – why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see where that is set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the duration of the frames by expanding this menu:

Try changing it to 1 image per second and let us know if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set the duration to 0.0417 second per frame in order to get 24fps. Again, I get only 73 frames.

I'm using CS6 on Windows 10.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24fps should mean roughly 0.042sec duration per frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that. Same 73 frames are output, not 93.

Tried loading a video which was at 24fps.  105 frames. Rendered with proper duration. Result - 84 frames = 80% of original count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you can download it. It is at 24fps. When I render, 105 frames are changed to just 84 (80%). Seems something is making it 30fps. Not sure if when importing it to Photoshop a rate is set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant the layered psd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I provide the file on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

psd-files cannot be posted on this forum directly so you would have to use a file transfer service (dropbox or the like).

Mind you, there’s still no guarantee someone on the Forum could figure the issue out even with the file available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2e2vzuh9skor4c/time%20lapse.psd?dl=0

Hope this works. There is nothing special about this file.

There is a solution to my problem. If I export the layers at 30fps, I get all the frames, even tho it's a 24fps file.

Unless there is some default setting I am missing, it's hard to believe this could be a bug with Photoshop, but I see nothing to say otherwise.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and it is clear that many others (dare i say everyone?) who tries to render video from frames on photoshop encounters this exact problem, like me and all of them have exactly 80% missing. This is a huge impactful glitch that apparently still exists in 2021. This needs to be fixed, has anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a work around solution to this until it get's fixed. set every frame to 1 sec(see below images)

framerate_help_1.png___ framerate_help_2.png

then when exporting as a png sequence, set the frame rate to 1

framerate_help_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines