• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop image thumbnails not showing in Windows 11.

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just got a brand new desktop computer with windows 11 on it. My Photoshop file thumbnails do not show an image just the PS/PSD icon. Can I fix this so I can see the image? Very annoying. Thanks.

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from download and install >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe ther's no stand alone solution inside Windows 11. Even my Solidworks thumnails show up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are stand alone solutions. I just want to see my thumbnails in my windows folders. Easier for transferring images to different folders. I use Breezebrowser to sort through my images and edit out ones I want. But when I open up Photoshop for instance unless I've made a jpeg copy I can't see the Photoshop image., just the icon. Annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Windows doesn't show PSD thumbnail images by default, you have a couple of choices, install Adobe Bridge

or install Pictus, make sure to select PSD during the installation

https://poppeman.se/pictus/

2023-02-19 09_40_04-Setup - Pictus.png

or install FastStone Image Viewer

https://www.faststone.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged

I guess the Windows <-> war is alive and running.  Such a simple concept.
Been looking for something like this for years, as Bridge is a nice too, but runs slower than the snails in the yard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the opposite problem. I ONLY see thumbnails for PSD files which is so confusing. No one can figure out how to revert. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines