• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop iPad 3.1 (.372)

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the new M1 iPad with 16gb ram to potentially help the performance - but now I continually get the message that there is not enough ram memory to use the * tool.  * = any tool I am currently using.  And then it just crashes.  Am I missing something? I never had these issues on the iPad Pro 4th generation with less memory.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is interesting, suggesting that apps can't use any more that 5GB, no matter what the iPad has... www.macrumors.com/2021/05/28/ipados-limits-app-ram-even-on-m1-ipad-pro/amp/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note that a few weeks later, the same website and others reported that developers can now request more RAM due to a new setting in iOS 15.

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/06/25/ios-ipados-15-apps-request-for-more-ram/

However, what we do not know is if Photoshop is taking advantage of this, and if so, how much additional RAM iOS will decide to give to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experience the same. Using the iPad Pro 12,9  2021 1 TB. There should be 16 GB RAM, but PS notes continously full. I am not able to work as photoshop also crashes constantly, without saving.  Really disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines