• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Issue "Incompatible Graphics Driver" solved

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my photoshop version to the latest build only to be greeted by the Incompatible driver warning below. After a few hours of troubleshooting with junior and senior support staff at Adobe we finally discovered what the problem was. It seemed to be an issue with the way the app recognizes your display settings in windows. My work setup consists of a laptop connected to two external displays through an USB-C display dock. To get my desktop icons on my external display and have it behave as my default desktop when loading app screens I set my external display as my "Main Display" in the windows display settings. This caused photoshop not to recognize my graphics card, therefore photoshop's "Graphics Processor Settings" in the app preferences were not accessible. Changing my main display settings in windows fixed the issue with the app. I hope this help the next person running into this issue.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 094512.png
Screenshot 2021-11-05 114156.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Docking stations are known to cause all kinds of problems. Avoid them if you can.

For one thing, it's probably fed from the integrated Intel GPU, not the dedicated Nvidia or AMD GPU. If you have a HDMI or DisplayPort output, use that for the main display, and disable the Intel GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Docking stations are known to cause all kinds of problems. Avoid them if you can.

For one thing, it's probably fed from the integrated Intel GPU, not the dedicated Nvidia or AMD GPU. If you have a HDMI or DisplayPort output, use that for the main display, and disable the Intel GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disabling the intergrated Intel GPU fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines