• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Just locks up with swirly wheel on OS

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I have tried to use Photoshop on my Macbook Pro over the last month or more, it gets so far with the menu and main screen, then locks up and does nothing else. I just have the swirly colour wheel.. Thats it!

I checked for a fix and it was suggested to uninstall and re-install.. Sounded a bit like something we'd have done in the 1990's, but tried anyway. It does not work and I'm still left with an unusable Photoshop.

Also, I am unable to find any Adobe support except for this forum.

Any help please?

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the experience with Photoshop on your Mac. Did you start facing this issue after the latest update? If yes, have you tried re-installing the app to check if that helps?

Please ensure that you have Photoshop 2021 added to the Accessibility list for macOS by going to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then selecting the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left. If you don't see Photoshop 2021 in the list, you can ass it by unlocking the window using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking on the + icon and navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If deleting pref's doesn't help: 

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 

Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 

You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines