• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keeps freezing when I try to change the background colour on 1920 x 1080 settings

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I want to create new contont using 1920 x 1080 settings, however when I want to change the standard white. backdrop to another colour photoshop keeps freezing. All the other settings are fine when I try this method of changing colours, just 1920 x 1080 is proving difficult. 

Please assist. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Hi. I see it is 1920 cm, thats huge like CRAZY huge and to boot its at 300ppi. that will require huge resources and massive disk space, so thats the problem. Why do you want such a massive document? I initially thought we were talking 1920 x 1080 pixels. your size is much much bigger in pixels than most massive bilboards require

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, that is very weird. Did you try changing any of the other preset details in the new document UI.  Can you capture a screenshot so I can try emulate my side.

Screenshot 2021-03-28 at 10.15.17.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grant,

Thank you for your swift response. 

Yeah it works now, after changing preset details in the new document UI.

Sorry to be a pain, however when I wanted to change the pattern overlay to a 'water' effect again photosshop freezes as it won't changed the backdrop. Again all the different settings change seemlessly, just having problems with 1920 x 1080.

Please see screenshot below 

Screenshot 2021-03-28 at 13.57.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very strange, and what you're trying to do does not even take a lot of computer resources so shouldn't be a performance issue. I have replicated exactly what you're doing with absolutely no problems. Can you post a screenshot of how you are initially creating the document. Also in your preferences your scratch disk etc info. Or maybe you can even upload the document so I could take a peek at it. To be honest I'm not sure what's going on there and will need as much info as possible.

/g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grant,

Appreciate your help on this. 

Below is my scratch disk info:

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 15.54.31.png

This is how I initially set-up the document:

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 15.46.27.png

Once I get into photoshop, the software runs very slow. I cannot even change the background with paint as it starts buffering:

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 15.46.54.png

When I try to change the pattern overlay onto water effect, you can see the background is not changing unlike other dimensions, where its seemless transistion just not the case wih 1920 x 1080. 

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 15.47.41.png

Hopefully this can give you more clarity on the problem, if you need anything else please let me know.

Thank you,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I see it is 1920 cm, thats huge like CRAZY huge and to boot its at 300ppi. that will require huge resources and massive disk space, so thats the problem. Why do you want such a massive document? I initially thought we were talking 1920 x 1080 pixels. your size is much much bigger in pixels than most massive bilboards require

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it that document setup it is 226772 x 127559 pixels yes: 28 926 mega pixels hahah.. just crazy bud. so thats your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh yes, I've rectified it now. Thanks for your help Grant.

Haha yeah now I see what the problem was, all rectified now working like clockwork. New to photoshop, still learning however this was a lesson lol. 

Thanks again mate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines