• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keeps running after I close it

Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently moved my work files to an external SSD storage device. However, now photoshop refuses to quit.

I have to do ctrl + alt +delete to force quit that and all the creative cloud apps before it will let me safely eject the drive.

This seems to be a very old problem going back to 2018. What can I do about this as it seems to be burning out my computer with very high CPU usage. Or is it just that we can't use photoshop with an external drive (not an sd card but an actual drive).

What do people with large photo collections do? Why must it always be stored on the computer. Why bother with cloud storage at all?

AND THE OTHER THING THAT WAS NOT FIXED WAS THE CONSTANT CRASHING EVERY SINGLE TIME I TRY TO USE THE OBJECT SELECTION TOOL. I spend all day every day troubleshooting problems. [Phooshop not being the only buggy applicatin I have to deal with. Multiply these headaches by ten]. It seems like nothing stays working for more than a day or two.

You solve one problelm only to have ten more crop up.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact system info, including details about the disk and storage locations, plus ideally soem crash info we can't tell you much. To me this sounds more like the connection to the external device breaks down/ is lost, which could hinge on how it is mounted in the system.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean, "how it's mounted." I realize the more I get into these things that seemed obvious, the more I realize it is overly complicated, but I just plugged in the drive. It is already formatted as exFat. I mean it is definitely somehow related to the drive because this is a new thing that started. However, it just seems like adobe will not work with anything that is not stored on your computer which is the last place I want to store anything. It's a pain to keep moving things on and off the drive.

I have it in the 3.0 port if that is what you mean?

I have a Dell XPS 13 which used to work fairly well with photoshop. Now it is awful, buggy and freezes up constantly. I also think that 8 GB of ram is no longer sufficient, but I can't do anything about that right now. It used to be fine. No longer. I am tempted to just throw in the towel and give up because it is inducing a lot of agita and stress.

And I do not think I am able to update my graphics processor. I am sure that's the problem but I am stuck with this garbage laptop now. Photoshop seems to have become so bloated it is useless unless I buy the most expensive state of the art machine.

I would gladly use the cloud storage version, but working from that is even worse!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

martir68364484_0-1667486327390.png

Not sure how to submit a crash report since nothing crashed, but I can live without the object selection tool since clearly there will be no fix for it.

AND btw, I cannot just update my driver:

"Intel UHD graphics 620 is integrated with your Intel core i3 or i5 processor. So for upgrading the graphics card you need to change your processor itself."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. I guyess the answer is that we cannot use SSD drives. It is totally irritating and annoying but I guess I will have to work on my internal drive. What the difference is, I have no idea? I did not design this system so I am forced to rely on the answers from people who did. I guess they assume that we will upgrade our systems once a year to compensate for system requirements that were once adequate but are no longer.

Just wish I knew that upgrading to Photoshop 24 would totally ruin everything. I am not making giant billboard sized posters. I just want it to work for dumb instagram posts and such. Can't there be a SUPER PRO version veruus a "good enough" version?

Ready to give up totally because I am constantly reinventing the wheel and nothign ever stays fixed for more than a minute..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines